How to export a view of notes with note references (person IDs) included?

How to export a view of notes with note references (person IDs) included?

J M Wynands
Hello brainstrust,

I'm a new user who's primarily adopted Gramps in order to export as much as possible from an existing database started decades ago in paf, in order to clean up (*massively*), dedup & then visualise the whole set with Gephi (for starters).

HUGE kudos to Gramps (firstly) for enabling a whole database export of more than one table as a single csv file - what a life saver - individuals, places, families & family/child, all exported with unique keys present!

Exception seems to be though the notes table, which I can export as a view that by default includes each noteID, but the export does not state person/individualIDs as shown in the GUI (notes reference gramplet). I've tried poking around, eg the notes table settings, but the connection between tables can't seem to be forced into the view, AFAIK.

Can you please recommend a way to extract this data as I have almost 12,000 records, of which an unknown quantity have notes of significance to the history of individuals, & I'd *really* prefer not to generate a notes export file for each person manually...

Cheers from Aus,

Jess

Re: How to export a view of notes with note references (person IDs) included?

prculley
I don't think there is any current code that can export notes with their references attached.  Be aware that notes can be attached to a lot of different objects, not just people.
You would either have to write your own addon to do what you want, or have to figure out a way to extract the data from a GEDCOM or XML export (both of which have the data I think you want, but probably not in an easy to get method).

If you are technically inclined, writing the addon would probably not be too difficult, depending on exactly what you want exported.  But to give you other pointers I would need to have a better idea of your expected output data and use.

Paul C/