How to find Events without Source/Citations attached.

How to find Events without Source/Citations attached.

Gary Bussiere
Is there a way though reports or using the filters to find any event
that doesn't have a source/citation attached to it?

I even looked at some of the gramplets and didn't see anything. Some
come close like the 'Event' gramplet for the people view. (Bottom bar)
But doesn't show any source/citation attached.

Can double click on the event and it will show the Event and I can see
that the event has a source or not. But that's lots of clicking to check
that way for each individual event.

What would be nice is another heading with the Event ID like (E0001)
right near the 'Type' heading in the Event gramplet. But that would mean
a 'Feature Request'.

So anybody know how to do this through a report or gramplet?

Re: How to find Events without Source/Citations attached.

Dave Scheipers
Hi Gary

In the Events list, create a filter with the rule

Citation/source filters >> Events with <count> sources
The default is 0 but change to "Number must be... equal to"

Once the filter is created in Events, the filter can then be used in a
People filter selecting the people with these types of events.

HTH Dave

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 4:09 PM Gary B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way though reports or using the filters to find any event
> that doesn't have a source/citation attached to it?
>
> I even looked at some of the gramplets and didn't see anything. Some
> come close like the 'Event' gramplet for the people view. (Bottom bar)
> But doesn't show any source/citation attached.
>
> Can double click on the event and it will show the Event and I can see
> that the event has a source or not. But that's lots of clicking to check
> that way for each individual event.
>
> What would be nice is another heading with the Event ID like (E0001)
> right near the 'Type' heading in the Event gramplet. But that would mean
> a 'Feature Request'.
>
> So anybody know how to do this through a report or gramplet?

Re: How to find Events without Source/Citations attached.

Gary Bussiere
That seemed to work. Thanks! Better then trying to check each event
individually.