How to input a unicode (asian) name to a field such Nick name

How to input a unicode (asian) name to a field such Nick name

dave.khuon@gmail.com
Now a day, Windows and Some Linux OS have virtual keyboards to allow users to input their texts in diverse languages.  We can type text in practically every langage into word document, google search field, even to name a file in Windows or Linux OS.

I would like to know how Gramps allow to enter this Khmer text (locale km_KH.UTF-8): សែម into for instance the Nick name field.

See what it looks like (garble, garble!) when I typed it on the Person Entry form Gramps Nickname display of non-latin text.