How to install an add-in?

Christopher Gorman
I downloaded the query gramplet (https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=QueryGramplet) and copied it into both my local directory (c:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\gramps\gramps42\plugins\) and the system directory (c:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.8\gramps\plugins\Query\), but it does not appear in any gramps menu or in the list of plugins in the plugin manager.

How do you get gramps to recognize/load it?

- C

Re: How to install an add-in?

prculley
The usual method is to use 'Edit/Preferences/General [tab]/Check for updated addons now [button]' with the 'What to check' selected to include new addons, and 'Do not ask about previously notified addons' unchecked.

The dialog popup contains the entire list of potential addons, checkmark the ones you want and press the 'Install Selected Addons' button.

However, since the 'Query' Gramplet is listed as 'Unstable', it probably won't show up unless you are running Gramps in debug mode.

Paul C.