Quantcast

How to obtain a Relationships report???

sturdy
Hi,

Newby question!! I am trying to obtain a text, csv, etc. report of my GRAMPS data that is similar to the data in the Relationships view. Is this possible in GRAMPS. I've looked at File>Export (there is no Export View for relationships) and the docs but no joy. Can somebody point me in the right direction. TIA

Re: How to obtain a Relationships report???

DS Blank
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM, sturdy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Newby question!! I am trying to obtain a text, csv, etc. report of my GRAMPS
> data that is similar to the data in the Relationships view. Is this possible
> in GRAMPS. I've looked at File>Export (there is no Export View for
> relationships) and the docs but no joy. Can somebody point me in the right
> direction. TIA

Perhaps the "Detailed Ancestor Report" is close enough? Under Menu ->
Reports -> Text Reports -> Detailed Ancestral Report. You can set the
number of generations to 1.

-Doug

Re: How to obtain a Relationships report???

jerome
If you want a textual version of Relationships report (all database), you can have a look at Kinship Report and to set all options and max of generations.

Jérôme

Hi Doug and Jerome,
Thanks for the response. I have looked at both the Kinship and Ancestor reports and I could use either with a lot of editing but that is work! I am trying to obtain input to create an external database. An ancestor report in .csv format with only the data contained in the Pedigree Gramplet (spouse, father, mother, with dob and dod of each) would be ideal. Is this possible? Thanks again.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 8:53 AM, sturdy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Doug and Jerome,
> Thanks for the response. I have looked at both the Kinship and Ancestor
> reports and I could use either with a lot of editing but that is work! I am
> trying to obtain input to create an external database. An ancestor report in
> .csv format with only the data contained in the Pedigree Gramplet (spouse,
> father, mother, with dob and dod of each) would be ideal. Is this possible?
> Thanks again.

Yes, that is one of the export options. Select from the Menu -> Family
Trees -> Export -> CSV Spreadsheet format. There will be three
sections: people, marriages, and family. See more details here:

http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Manage_Family_Trees:_CSV_Import_and_Export

-Doug

Re: How to obtain a Relationships report???

sturdy
Thanks Doug,

That's it...I tried this previously but being a newby I didn't understand the content structure. I appreciate the assist.