How to print a full pedigree chart in Gramps

How to print a full pedigree chart in Gramps

Ian Tatlock

Dear Gramps,

Many thanks to you and the Gramps organisation for producing such a wonderful tool and piece of software like Gramps.

I’ve entered all of my relations’ details but am struggling to find a way to produce a PDF print of a vertical Pedigree chart (traditional family tree) of my family that includes everybody – each and every person and sibling for every family.

Can you please explain whether Gramps can do this and if so, how?

In anticipation, many thanks.

Ian Tatlock

Re: How to print a full pedigree chart in Gramps

Ron Johnson
Pedigree is just your ancestors.  No one else.  That's why you're struggling...  :)

What you want is Reports->Graphs->"Relationship Graph..."  (Though honestly it's not too useful once your tree gets "too big".  I recall that being somewhere below 2,000 people.  All those siblings and their spouses children, etc, etc just doesn't fit cleanly unless you go REALLY wide, but that makes it almost impossible to track the generations..)

On 02/01/2017 04:38 AM, Ian Tatlock wrote:

Dear Gramps,

Many thanks to you and the Gramps organisation for producing such a wonderful tool and piece of software like Gramps.

I’ve entered all of my relations’ details but am struggling to find a way to produce a PDF print of a vertical Pedigree chart (traditional family tree) of my family that includes everybody – each and every person and sibling for every family.

Can you please explain whether Gramps can do this and if so, how?

In anticipation, many thanks.

Ian Tatlock

Re: How to print a full pedigree chart in Gramps

Hello Ian,

I’ve entered all of my relations’ details but am struggling to find a way to produce a PDF print of a vertical Pedigree chart (traditional family tree) of my family that includes everybody – each and every person and sibling for every family.

Can you please explain whether Gramps can do this and if so, how?

It can, if you mean the upside down tree, i.e. the one that starts with the oldest known Tatlock. That's not a pedigree (ancestry, Ahnentafel), but a descendency report, I hope. I use Gramps in Dutch, so I'm not always sure about English report names.

regards,