How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

Tim Ballycarn
Hi

Really basic question, I am looking at a relationships report on Gramps
but how do I print it.

I have looked in the on line manual but can find nothing so basic.

Grateful for a steer.

Thanks

TB

Re: How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

John W. Kitz-3
Tim,

On 2017-06-16 23:25, Tim wrote:
> Hi
>
> Really basic question, I am looking at a relationships report on
> Gramps but how do I print it.

You don't mention which report specifically you intend to print, but for
most reports you select the output format (under document options) then
click OK. If you have PDF document set as the output format, the Open
with default viewer option checked and Adobe Arobat reader installed the
latter should start with the report opened. You can subsequently print
the report from Acrobat.

AFAIK irrespective of whether you have the Open with default viewer
option checked you should find the report in the path you have set next
to Filename:, from where you can open it in e.g. word processing or
other appropriate software if you opted for a format other than PDF
document.

> I have looked in the on line manual but can find nothing so basic.
>
> Grateful for a steer.
>
> Thanks
>
> TB

Best of luck and regards, Jk.

On 06/16/2017 04:45 PM, John W. Kitz wrote:

> Tim,
>
> On 2017-06-16 23:25, Tim wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Really basic question, I am looking at a relationships report on
>> Gramps but how do I print it.
>
> You don't mention which report specifically you intend to print, but for
> most reports you select the output format (under document options) then
> click OK. If you have PDF document set as the output format, the Open with
> default viewer option checked and Adobe Arobat reader installed the latter
> should start with the report opened. You can subsequently print the report
> from Acrobat.
>
> AFAIK irrespective of whether you have the Open with default viewer option
> checked you should find the report in the path you have set next to
> Filename:, from where you can open it in e.g. word processing or other
> appropriate software if you opted for a format other than PDF document.

Bottom line: Gramps creates files, and you (can, if you want to) print those
files from other programs.

Re: How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

John W. Kitz-3
Tim,

> On 2017-06-16 23:25, Tim wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Really basic question, I am looking at a relationships report on
>> Gramps but how do I print it.
>
> You don't mention which report specifically you intend to print, but
> for most reports you select the output format (under document options)
> then click OK. If you have PDF document set as the output format, the
> Open with default viewer option checked and Adobe Arobat reader
> installed the latter should start with the report opened. You can
> subsequently print the report from Acrobat.
>
> AFAIK irrespective of whether you have the Open with default viewer
> option checked you should find the report in the path you have set
> next to Filename:, from where you can open it in e.g. word processing
> or other appropriate software if you opted for a format other than PDF
> document.
>
>> I have looked in the on line manual but can find nothing so basic.
>>
>> Grateful for a steer.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> TB

An explanation of reports (and presumably also of how to print them) can
be found by going to
https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Reports.

Best of luck and regards, Jk.

Re: How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

Tim Ballycarn
I have received these replies direct by email and replied. Do I now delete the posting, mark it as solved or does etiquette require another action?

Re: How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

enno
Hello Tim,
> I have received these replies direct by email and replied. Do I now delete
> the posting, mark it as solved or does etiquette require another action?
There's no need to do anything, and you can't delete the posting, so in
most cases it's enough to let the list know whether things work for you,
or not.

Cheers,

Re: How to print a report and/or chart in Gramps: Newbie

Mailing lists, being nothing more than mass emails, can be deleted on *your*
computer, but will be archived *forever* on multiple "mailing list archive"
web sites. This is for future netizens who are looking to solve the same
problem.

In order to "mark" it resolved, you can reply *to the list* to the email
which has the solution in it, and prefix the subject line with the text
"[SOLVED]" (obviously without the quotes).  Few people do it, though.