How to show relationship that is conjecture?

How to show relationship that is conjecture?

Rich Lakey
I have many people in my DB that there parents are not proven to my satisfaction. But yet they are shown as son or daughter of.  I have understood that some software, (don't know which) allows this type of relationship and in charts show proven lineage with a solid line and potential lineage with a dashed line. Does Gramps have this option? I would like to disconnect these almost ancestors for reports, but I don't want to loose the possible lineage for future research.
Rich

--
Have you backed up your files today?

Re: How to show relationship that is conjecture?

Gerhard Killesreiter
Am 25.02.2017 um 16:46 schrieb Rich:
> I have many people in my DB that there parents are not proven to my
> satisfaction. But yet they are shown as son or daughter of.  I have understood
> that some software, (don't know which) allows this type of relationship and in
> charts show proven lineage with a solid line and potential lineage with a dashed
> line. Does Gramps have this option? I would like to disconnect these almost
> ancestors for reports, but I don't want to loose the possible lineage for future

Not sure you got a reply? You probably know you can change the
relationship between a child and a parent from the family overview.

The problem is: I am not aware if any reports take the "quality" of the
relationship into account.

Cheers,
Gerhard

Re: How to show relationship that is conjecture?

Paul Franklin-5
On 2/27/17, Gerhard Killesreiter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The problem is: I am not aware if any reports take the "quality" of the
> relationship into account.

I don't recall ever trying it, but the documentation for the
(Graphviz) Relationship graph claims to have an option
to show non-birth relationships with dashed lines.