How to use a custom filter

Damon Riley
Hi, folks.  I am using an old version of GRAMPS but won't bore you with
my reasons for not upgrading at the moment.  In short, I hope to upgrade
when my new Libranet distro arrives.  I hope someone can please tell me
how to use a filter that I have created in GRAMPS 1.0.4-1.

I used the Tools > Utilities > Custom Filters Editor to create and name
a filter.  It doesn't appear in the Filter drop down list, and I'm not
sure where it is.  How can I use my filter?

Thanks,

-- Damon

Re: How to use a custom filter

Alex Roitman
Damon,

On 07/15/2005 01:15:10 PM, Damon Riley wrote:
> Hi, folks.  I am using an old version of GRAMPS but won't bore you with
> my reasons for not upgrading at the moment.  In short, I hope to upgrade
> when my new Libranet distro arrives.  I hope someone can please tell me
> how to use a filter that I have created in GRAMPS 1.0.4-1.
>
> I used the Tools > Utilities > Custom Filters Editor to create and name
> a filter.  It doesn't appear in the Filter drop down list, and I'm not
> sure where it is.  How can I use my filter?

The 1.0.x gramps does not have the ability to use Custom Filters directly
in the People View, sorry. You can test your filter in the Custom Filter
Editor, which will display the list of people and their gramps IDs
that match the filter -- just click the Test button in the dialog
after selecting your filter.

Custom filters should also be available in some reports and GEDCOM export.

In 2.0.x series, the custom filters are appended to the list of the preset
filters in the People View. Unfortunately, core changes were necessary to
do that, so there's no simple patch to enable this for 1.0.x.

Alex