How to view gramps help documentation

Richard Bos-5
Hi,

I'm running gramps on a kde desktop in opensuse-10.1 and 10.2.  In the first
(10.1) I don't get any documentation at all when I select the help button, in
opensuse-10.2 I get only the text (no pictures).  The documentation is
located in /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/gramps (/opt/gnome/share/gnome/help is
where many gnome programs have there help files as well).

Is there a gnome command that I can use to view/browse the documentation?

Is the documentation available online?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless

Re: How to view gramps help documentation

Don Allingham
On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 23:16 +0100, Richard Bos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running gramps on a kde desktop in opensuse-10.1 and 10.2.  In the first
> (10.1) I don't get any documentation at all when I select the help button, in
> opensuse-10.2 I get only the text (no pictures).  The documentation is
> located in /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/gramps (/opt/gnome/share/gnome/help is
> where many gnome programs have there help files as well).
>
> Is there a gnome command that I can use to view/browse the documentation?
>
> Is the documentation available online?

The installation should install the documentation into the scrollkeeper
database. This should make it available to both gnome and kde.

You can try running "yelp" to read the docs. The documentation should be
registered if installed properly. The GRAMPS manual should be in the
list of applications.

If all else fails, run yelp <path_to>/gramps.xml

Don

Re: How to view gramps help documentation

Alex Roitman
Richard,

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 23:16 +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> I'm running gramps on a kde desktop in opensuse-10.1 and 10.2.  In the first
> (10.1) I don't get any documentation at all when I select the help button, in
> opensuse-10.2 I get only the text (no pictures).  The documentation is
> located in /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/gramps (/opt/gnome/share/gnome/help is
> where many gnome programs have there help files as well).
>
> Is there a gnome command that I can use to view/browse the documentation?
Yes:
   yelp /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/gramps/C/gramps.xml

> Is the documentation available online?
Yes:
   http://www.gramps-project.org/gramps-manual/2.2/en/

Alex

Op maandag 15 januari 2007 06:48, schreef u:
> > Is there a gnome command that I can use to view/browse the documentation?
>
> Yes:
>    yelp /opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/gramps/C/gramps.xml

@Don and Alex, thank you both for your feedback.  This works for me indeed
and shows that the manual is there.