Quantcast

I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

Calvet
Good evening everybody,
I'm a french guy and my english is... what it is! I'll do my best!
There is any "real" in-french-forum for Gramps.
I'm a new user.
My problem is that I've typed down more then twenty persons'datas of my family. Same way for everyone. No omission, nothing different (I do insist!!).
And strangely, the datas are not complete in the "Individuals" list.

As shown here:

Wich cause me some problems on the following.
Its seems to be a pb in the database, no? But in this case: why????
A remedy??
Best regards
Jean

Re: I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

DS Blank
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM, jeancalvet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening everybody,
> I'm a french guy and my english is... what it is! I'll do my best!
> There is any "real" in-french-forum for Gramps.
> I'm a new user.
> My problem is that I've typed down more then twenty persons'datas of my
> family. Same way for everyone. No omission, nothing different (I do
> insist!!).
> And strangely, the datas are not complete in the "Individuals" list.
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus.png>
> As shown here:
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus_Liste.png>

I see your image of the dates, and the dates look fine. What exactly
is the problem?

Is it that some of the dates are not showing? You have birth events
for those people?

Can you show a picture editing one of the people who does not have a
proper date?

-Doug

> Wich cause me some problems on the following.
> Its seems to be a pb in the database, no? But in this case: why????
> A remedy??
> Best regards
> Jean

Re: I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

Alain AUPEIX
Le 07/11/2013 22:17, jeancalvet a écrit :
Good evening everybody,
I'm a french guy and my english is... what it is! I'll do my best!
There is any "real" in-french-forum for Gramps.
I'm a new user.
My problem is that I've typed down more then twenty persons'datas of my
family. Same way for everyone. No omission, nothing different (I do
insist!!).
And strangely, the datas are not complete in the "Individuals" list.
<http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus.png>
As shown here:
<http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus_Liste.png>
Wich cause me some problems on the following.
Its seems to be a pb in the database, no? But in this case: why????
A remedy??
Best regards
Jean
Il faudrait faire une copie un peu plus grande et plus  explicite, pareil pour le texte.
En français dans un premier temps ...

A+
--

Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/

U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.4.5-1 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (2013-10-28 16:18) | HbIDE (Rev.260) | FiveLinux (r138) | Hw.Gui (2192)

Re: I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

Calvet
Good evening Doug,
Thank you for the answer!
I was in way to go to bed but minimum is to try to answeryou.
I'm not sure to be abble to do better than few moments ago, but I'LL try.

In Gamps's navigator (on left), the 2d button is "Individus"

In front, we have the typed persons list.
As you see, for my daughter Élise Calvet, there is no birth date:

The same for my sister Jeanne-Élisabeth, etc... etc...

However, the record cart of my daughter

does contain the date of birth:

and others too!!!

What is the pb in the database and how to solve it?

Regards.
Jean

Le 07/11/2013 22:54, DS Blank [via GRAMPS] a écrit :
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM, jeancalvet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening everybody,
> I'm a french guy and my english is... what it is! I'll do my best!
> There is any "real" in-french-forum for Gramps.
> I'm a new user.
> My problem is that I've typed down more then twenty persons'datas of my
> family. Same way for everyone. No omission, nothing different (I do
> insist!!).
> And strangely, the datas are not complete in the "Individuals" list.
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus.png>
> As shown here:
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus_Liste.png>

I see your image of the dates, and the dates look fine. What exactly
is the problem?

Is it that some of the dates are not showing? You have birth events
for those people?

Can you show a picture editing one of the people who does not have a
proper date?

-Doug

> Wich cause me some problems on the following.
> Its seems to be a pb in the database, no? But in this case: why????
> A remedy??
> Best regards
> Jean

http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/I-ve-a-problem-with-dates-Someone-can-help-tp4663350p4663351.html
To unsubscribe from I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?, click here.
NAML

Re: I've a problem with dates. Someone can help?

lynches155
On 07/11/2013 21:17, jeancalvet wrote:

> Good evening everybody,
> I'm a french guy and my english is... what it is! I'll do my best!
> There is any "real" in-french-forum for Gramps.
> I'm a new user.
> My problem is that I've typed down more then twenty persons'datas of my
> family. Same way for everyone. No omission, nothing different (I do
> insist!!).
> And strangely, the datas are not complete in the "Individuals" list.
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus.png>
> As shown here:
> <http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663350/Individus_Liste.png>
> Wich cause me some problems on the following.
> Its seems to be a pb in the database, no? But in this case: why????
> A remedy??
> Best regards
> Jean

Check that the birth event for each person has role Primary. If a
different role is selected, then the birth date is not shown in the list.

Mary