I've got a very strange problem.

Martnal
I've got a set of parents with about six children. If I display any sort of chart I can select any one of the children, and that child is then displayed with the parents except for one of the children.  That child appears to not have parents. I've deleted the child from the family and added him back again and that doesn't change anything. I've selected the orphan child, and tried adding the parents, and I just get a message saying that I am attempting to create a duplicate family. The only slightly different thing about the orphan child is that it has a photograph added. Out of desperation I even tried removing the photograph but this makes no change.

I've also tried the 'repair database' tool.

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GrampsAIO64-4.2.5-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: I've got a very strange problem.

prculley
Please examine your family from the relationship view trying to see if selecting siblings/children always makes sense.

If it does not, then you probably have some sort of corruption of your db.  If everything does make sense, then it is possible that there is some sort of bug in the chart view.  In either case, the developers need to see what is going on.

If possible, please export the troublesome family to Gramps XML and any immediate relatives (Grandparents etc.).  And start a new tree with the exported data.  If the new tree also shows the issue, please submit a bug report and attach the tree.  You can mark it private if you don't want lots of people to see your tree.

If the new small tree doesn't show the issue, export your whole tree to Gramps XML, and attach that to the bug report with detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Paul C.

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Martnal <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've got a set of parents with about six children. If I display any sort of
chart I can select any one of the children, and that child is then displayed
with the parents except for one of the children.  That child appears to not
have parents. I've deleted the child from the family and added him back
again and that doesn't change anything. I've selected the orphan child, and
tried adding the parents, and I just get a message saying that I am
attempting to create a duplicate family. The only slightly different thing
about the orphan child is that it has a photograph added. Out of desperation
I even tried removing the photograph but this makes no change.

I've also tried the 'repair database' tool.

Martin

-----

Martin, SW London

I am using GRAMPS 4.2.3-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and Prescot).

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London, Hull and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and elsewhere).

Re: I've got a very strange problem.

Martnal
This post was updated on .
Paul, I can see no problem in the Relationship View, so I have exported
the relevant people, and used the exported data to create a new tree,
and it has the same problem.  I will do a bug report.  EDIT:  Now done.

Should I post the file here as well?

Martin

On 06/06/2017 21:19, Paul Culley wrote:
> Please examine your family from the relationship view trying to see if
> selecting siblings/children always makes sense.
>
> If it does not, then you probably have some sort of corruption of your
> db.  If everything does make sense, then it is possible that there is
> some sort of bug in the chart view.  In either case, the developers
> need to see what is going on.
>
> If possible, please export the troublesome family to Gramps XML and
> any immediate relatives (Grandparents etc.).  And start a new tree
> with the exported data.  If the new tree also shows the issue, please
> submit a bug report and attach the tree.  You can mark it private if
> you don't want lots of people to see your tree.
>
> If the new small tree doesn't show the issue, export your whole tree
> to Gramps XML, and attach that to the bug report with detailed steps
> to reproduce the issue.
>
> Paul C.
>
> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Martnal <gramps@martinhwatson.co.uk
> <mailto:gramps@martinhwatson.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     I've got a set of parents with about six children. If I display
>     any sort of
>     chart I can select any one of the children, and that child is then
>     displayed
>     with the parents except for one of the children.  That child
>     appears to not
>     have parents. I've deleted the child from the family and added him
>     back
>     again and that doesn't change anything. I've selected the orphan
>     child, and
>     tried adding the parents, and I just get a message saying that I am
>     attempting to create a duplicate family. The only slightly
>     different thing
>     about the orphan child is that it has a photograph added. Out of
>     desperation
>     I even tried removing the photograph but this makes no change.
>
>     I've also tried the 'repair database' tool.
>
>     Martin
>

>     -----
>

>     Martin, SW London
>
>     I am using GRAMPS 4.2.3-1 on Windows 10.
>
>     I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London and Hartlepool),
>     Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London),
>     Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett
>     (Middlesborough and Prescot).
>     --

Martin

---