Import Gramplet failure

Richard Troxel
I have recently discovered the Import Gramplet and successfully imported new individuals into my database. When I attempted to import incremental, additional data the process failed. Obviously, I am doing something wrong, but what? At this point, I have not attempted anything grandiose, just keeping it short and sweet until I am comfortable with what I am doing. My attempt was to add a date of death and burial to an existing individual. this is the script that I attempted to import but was unsuccessful.
Person, Deathdate,  Burialdate
[I1102], 08.06.1826, 08.09.1826
What have I done wrong? I do get a message that the import is "Done" but no data was added.

Re: Import Gramplet failure

prculley
The CSV lines has to have at a minimum one of (marriage, husband, wife, family, surname, place).  Since you have none of those the line was ignored.

Note that messages about what happened can sometimes appear in the Gramps status bar if the little icon shows up in the bottom left corner (on my Windows system it looks like a light bulb).  You press the icon to see the messages.

Using the Gramplet this way is a bit unusual, so I don't know if I would classify your issue as a bug, but I see what you are trying to do and it clearly doesn't work.  By adding the correct surname column it seems to work.

Paul C.