Import of CSV creates new places

Tony Gordon

I thought I would use the export/import of a CSV file to edit some dates, but when I imported the edited file, all the places associated with events were imported with new names such as [P03683] rather than the actual place name, and the actual place names (which are still there) lost their reference to the events. I tried a fresh export and then imported it directly, i.e. no editing at all, and the same thing happened.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known problem (I couldn't find anything about it on the Bugtracker).

Gramps 4.2.6 on Fedora.

Tony