Inconsistent sources?

Seymour J Metz
How do you enter data from inconsistent sources, e.g., I have two different birth years for my mother? Also, how do you enter towns whose countries and even names have changed?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

Re: Inconsistent sources?

Brad Rogers
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:38:31 +0000
Seymour J Metz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Seymour,

>How do you enter data from inconsistent sources, e.g., I have two
>different birth years for my mother?

Clearly, your mother was only born once.  You can either a) enter a
second birth event with a low confidence or b) add the second date as a
note, citing source etc, to the main event.

> Also, how do you enter towns whose countries and even names have
> changed?

Names, and enclosures, of places are time dependant.  You can use all
the normal Gramps between date1 and date2, before date, after date types
for sorting it all out.  Richard Suthern has some excellent tutorials on
YouTube.  Viewing them will probably make it a lot easier to understand
the dating of places.

Richard's YouTube page is at
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0oz6NZk6S4spAF2D4YYzPQ>

--
 Regards  _
Is she really going out with him?

Re: Inconsistent sources?

Nick Hall
On 15/10/2019 21:08, Brad Rogers wrote:
How do you enter data from inconsistent sources, e.g., I have two
different birth years for my mother?
Clearly, your mother was only born once.  You can either a) enter a
second birth event with a low confidence or b) add the second date as a
note, citing source etc, to the main event.

Alternatively, add the second date as an attribute on the event and attach the citation.

Re: Inconsistent sources?

Brad Rogers
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:23:45 +0100
Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Nick,

>Alternatively, add the second date as an attribute on the event and
>attach the citation.

I knew there would be other options.

This is Gramps;  There are *always* other options.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
If we're working class, why ain't we got jobs?