Individual Filter

Bugzilla from laurent.protois@free.fr
Hi,

I would like to set a filter on the individual liste to select the people
whose name contains "family name" and who have an event
(among all events or at least birth,mariage and death) in "place".

ex. Protois of Paris

Is there such a filter or report ?
Could it be possible to implement it in a further Gramps version ?

Thanks
Laurent

Re: Individual Filter

Stéphane Charette-2
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:45, Laurent protois <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to set a filter on the individual liste to select the people
> whose name contains "family name" and who have an event
> (among all events or at least birth,mariage and death) in "place".

Yes, this can be done.  Using GRAMPS 3.0.3 for example, here is what I did:

You'll need 2 filters.  The first filter is done as follows:

Edit -> Person Filter Editor
Click on the "+" to define a new filter
Give your filter a name (call it "filter on event-place" for now if you want)
Where it says "Options", select the option called "At least one rule must apply"
Click on the "+" to add a rule
Click on "Event filters" -> "People with the personal <event>" ->
select "Birth", fill in the "Place"
...repeat previous step for "Marriage", "Death", and any other event you want
Click on "OK"

Now for the 2nd filter:

Edit -> Person Filter Editor
Click on the "+" to define a new filter
Give your filter a name (call it "main filter" for now)
Where it says "Options", select the option called "All rules must apply"
Click on the "+" to add a rule
Click on "General filters" -> "People with the <name>" -> fill in the
family name you want, click OK
Click on the "+" to add a rule
Click on "General filters" -> "People matching the <filter>" -> select
your first filter defined above, click OK
Click on OK
Click on Close

Now when you are on the "People" view, click View -> Filter Sidebar.
All fields should be clear.  At the bottom where it says "Custom
filter", select the "main filter" you just created.  Click on "Find".

Is that what you want?

Stéphane