Installing TeXLive w/ genealogytree on Ubuntu 16.04 and Linuxmint 18.3 success

Installing TeXLive w/ genealogytree on Ubuntu 16.04 and Linuxmint 18.3 success

Rich Lakey
This is my 3rd attempt to post this. The first two got permanent errors.

I had some success late last night!. The date month is numeric and Node
Options / Preferences gives me the default color for the nodes of pink
or blue.  I still get an error if I check "Include images" and the .tex
file has to be in my home directory to create a .pdf file.  But the .tex
file is not needed if you go with the options allowed in Gramps report
and can go directly to .PDF.

Everything I tried seem to give errors that lead to post where folks
said the TeXLive in Ubuntu was old and features such as tlmgr didn't
work right.

So I did a complete uninstall of TeXLive 2015 and installed TeXLive 2017
from the web.

Need to do a bit more testing but looks good so far.  I will post my
install instructions later after I wakeup.  Not to complicated after I
fought through understanding a few things.

Rich
--
Have you backed up your files today?