Quantcast

Iowa State Census Not Working In Forms

Lingenbrink Doug
I’m unable to get state census forms to work.  I’ve only tried a few by setting the From attribute to IA1915, IA1905 and MN1875 (one at a time) on a source but when I switch over to a person and click New in the the Form gramplet, none of the state forms are shown.  If I set the Form attribute to various US values or UK1841, it works.

I just downloaded all the new addons and restarted Gramps before trying it out.  I running Gramps 4.2.5 on an iMac with Yosemite (10.10.5).

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: Iowa State Census Not Working In Forms

J. Allen Crider-2
My guess would be that you don't definitions for the forms.  The new
form_us.xml file that comes with the Forms gramplet uses ids USIA195,
USIA1905, etc. for state census definitions.  IA1915, etc. were used in
some of the custom.xml or test.xml files available.  Another possibility
is that you haven't restarted Gramps between setting the Form attribute
and attempting to use it.  The definitions are only loaded on startup,
so will not be available until Gramps has been restarted.

Allen Crider

On 01/27/2017 11:03 PM, link wrote:

> I’m unable to get state census forms to work.  I’ve only tried a few by setting the From attribute to IA1915, IA1905 and MN1875 (one at a time) on a source but when I switch over to a person and click New in the the Form gramplet, none of the state forms are shown.  If I set the Form attribute to various US values or UK1841, it works.
>
> I just downloaded all the new addons and restarted Gramps before trying it out.  I running Gramps 4.2.5 on an iMac with Yosemite (10.10.5).
>
> Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
> Doug

Re: Iowa State Census Not Working In Forms

Lingenbrink Doug
Thanks Allen.  It was the old codes.  USIA1915 works.

> On Jan 28, 2017, at 2:36 AM, J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My guess would be that you don't definitions for the forms.  The new
> form_us.xml file that comes with the Forms gramplet uses ids USIA195,
> USIA1905, etc. for state census definitions.  IA1915, etc. were used in
> some of the custom.xml or test.xml files available.  Another possibility
> is that you haven't restarted Gramps between setting the Form attribute
> and attempting to use it.  The definitions are only loaded on startup,
> so will not be available until Gramps has been restarted.
>
> Allen Crider
>
> On 01/27/2017 11:03 PM, link wrote:
>> I’m unable to get state census forms to work.  I’ve only tried a few by setting the From attribute to IA1915, IA1905 and MN1875 (one at a time) on a source but when I switch over to a person and click New in the the Form gramplet, none of the state forms are shown.  If I set the Form attribute to various US values or UK1841, it works.
>>
>> I just downloaded all the new addons and restarted Gramps before trying it out.  I running Gramps 4.2.5 on an iMac with Yosemite (10.10.5).
>>
>> Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Doug

Re: Iowa State Census Not Working In Forms

Nick Hall
On 28/01/17 15:00, link wrote:
> Thanks Allen.  It was the old codes.  USIA1915 works.

The codes are listed here:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Form_Definitions#USA

Kcaulley - Thanks for updating the form codes.