Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

Martnal
The slider and scroll bars aren't as wide as on other (Windows 10)
applications.  Is there anything I can adjust to make the bars wider?

Martin

-----

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Re: Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

GRAMPS - User mailing list
You could tweak the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) of the GTK (GIMP Toolkit) used by Gramps for driving it's interface.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/how-to-edit-the-width-of-scrollbars-in-gtk-themes/64794/2

BTW, the Themes addon provides a Preferences option to keep the scrollbar visible even when NOT hovering over the control.

-Brian

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 8:03, Martnal
The slider and scroll bars aren't as wide as on other (Windows 10)
applications.  Is there anything I can adjust to make the bars wider?

Martin
-----
Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Re: Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

Martnal
I think I will have to live with the scroll bars as they are.  I have no
disability, but I imagine that many users are older, with some accessibility
problems though.

Thanks again, Martin

-----

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Re: Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

Bill Gee

I fought with this on my Linux system (Fedora) for quite a while. The solution is not as good as I would like. The scroll bars, steppers and thumbs are still small, but at least they are always visible! The settings below affect all GTK 3.0 applications - it is not just Gramps. In my case the application I REALLY wanted to change was FireFox.

On Fedora, you have to create a directory in your home directory. It is called

~/.config/gtk-3.0

In that directory there are two files - settings.ini and gtk.css. The relevant settings for these files are:

gtk.css========

.scrollbar, scrollbar {
   -GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: true;
   -GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: true;
   -GtkRange-slider-width: 15;
   -GtkRange-stepper-size: 15;
}

settings.ini==========

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_ICONS

There may be other settings in these files, but these are the ones that control scroll bars, steppers and thumbs.

Windows probably has something similar in the user's AppData\Local directory.

--

Bill Gee

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:52:23 AM CST Martnal wrote:

> I think I will have to live with the scroll bars as they are. I have no

> disability, but I imagine that many users are older, with some accessibility

> problems though.

> Thanks again, Martin

> -----

> Martin, SW London

> Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.

> FT-DNA Kit B388093.

> Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);

> Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);

> Ballard & Glassop (E. London);

> Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);

> Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

> I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

> --

> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Is it user-configurable to have wider scroll bars?

adrian.davey
I can confirm that Bill's tweak works well on Windows, and delivers a
definite improvement, at least on GrampsAIO64-5.0.1-1 under Win10pro in
my case—the files go in the user profile folder
......\Appdata\Local\gtk-3.0

Adrian Davey