Is there a custom descendant report similar to an outline descendant report like shown?

Is there a custom descendant report similar to an outline descendant report like shown?

Ricky_graber
On BrothersKeeper it is called an Indented Report, others call it an Outline Descendant Report, but I am somewhat specific on how I would like the layout to be. Problem is, most software has little options for changing the layout of reports.
   Gramps seemed to be what I was looking for since anyone can create a custom report for their own needs and fit it to their liking. I, however, do not have knowledge of python so I am hoping someone has already done this or can point me in the right direction.
   Is there software that has this output or can easily be manipulated to do so? Is there a gramps plugin with this capability? Can a plugin be made to create a report similar to this?

Some things to point out in the sample below:
- in order by family, not generation
- in the case of two families in my "book", the info for husband/wife stay with the husband
- i would prefer the index reference "person numbers" instead of page numbers
- parents listed in person's description not shown in index (only persons with "numbers")
- "person numbers" next to persons in database (husband, wife, children, parents if available)
- two or three column index

sample.docx

                                                                                                                                 1.3.1.5

1. Leroy E Gabe, born Jul 31, 1913 in Linton, Martin Co., Iowa, USA, (to Amos S Gabe and Lydia R Johnson), died Feb 11, 1989 in Oakland, Iowa, USA. Minister:Sept 1975. Married Feb 8, 1936 to 2. Alice Waler , born Oct 22, 1910 in Linton, Martin Co., Iowa, USA (to David Waler and Katie Gabe), died Mar 4, 1992.

           (Born in Oakland, Iowa, USA.)
  1.1.  Agnes Gabe, Jun 1, 1937; Benjamin Kelp
  1.2.  Catherine Gabe, Sep 26,1938; Henry R Gabe
  1.3.  Harry Gabe, Dec 20, 1939; Rosemary Kelp

1.1. Agnes Gabe
See 3.2. Benjamin Kelp

1.2. Catherine Gabe
See 4.5. Henry R Gabe

1.3. Harry Gabe, born Dec 20, 1939 in Oakland, Iowa, USA, (to 1. Leroy E Gabe and 2. Alice Waler). Married Dec 16, 1960 to 8.1. Rosemary Kelp, born Nov 20,1939 in Oakland, Iowa, USA (daughter of Martin Kelp and Rose White).

       (Born in Oakland, Iowa, USA.)
  1.3.1.  Martin Lee Gabe, Jul 8, 1961; Karen Sue White
  1.3.2.  Leah Rose Gabe Jul 18, 1963; Darrell Ray Waler

1.3.1. Martin Lee Gabe, born Jul 8, 1961 in Oakland, Iowa, USA, (to 1.3. Harry Gabe and 8.1 Rosemary Kelp). Married Nov 22, 1985 to 5.5.1. Karen Sue White, born Dec 22, 1955 in Oakland, Iowa, USA (daughter of 5.5. Leo Raymond White and 9.1 Mary Short).

        (Born in Oakland, Iowa, USA.)
  1.3.1.1.  Lisa Renee Gabe, Mar 22, 1982; Robert Devon Waler
  1.3.1.2.  Julie Dawn Gabe, Dec 15, 1985
  1.3.1.3.  Jim Lee Gabe, Aug 16, 1987

1.3.1.1. Lisa Renee Gabe, born Mar 22, 1982 in Oakland, Iowa, USA, (to 1.3.1. Martin Lee Gabe and 5.5.1 Karen Sue White). Married Robert Devon Waler, born Oct 9, 1977 in Oakland, Iowa, USA (to Enos G Waler and Barbara Waler).

      (Born in Oakland, Iowa, USA.)
  1.3.1.1.1.  Jayla Nicole Waler, Jun 27, 2005
  1.3.1.1.2.  Kendra Dawn Waler, Sep 5, 2006
  1.3.1.1.3.  Ryan Devon Waler, Feb 12, 2007
  1.3.1.1.4.  Alisha Denae Waler, Nov 2, 2010
     (Born in Jackson., Iowa, USA.)
  1.3.1.1.5.  Abigail Faith Waler, Jan 8, 2011

               Gabe
Agnes (1937) ……………..……..… 1.1.
  3.2. Benjamin Kelp
Catherine (1938)………………..… 1.2.
   4.5. Henry R Gabe
Harry (1939) ………………...…..… 1.3.
   8.1. Rosemary Kelp
Julie Dawn Gabe (1985)……... 1.3.1.2.
Leah Rose (1963)………...….…. 1.3.2.
    Darrell Ray Waler
Henry R (1950)……………….. …..4.5.
    1.2. Catherine Gabe
Leroy E (1913)……………….…..… 1.
   2. Alice Waler (1910)
Lisa Renee (1982)…………….….. 1.3.1.1.
    Robert Devon Waler
Martin Lee (1961)…... ……….… 1.3.1.
    5.5.1. Karen Sue White
Jim Lee Gabe (1987)…………...3.1.3.

           Kelp
Benjamin …….…………......……. 3.2.
    1.1. Agnes Gabe
Rosemary………………………....… 8.1.
    1.3. Harry Gabe

          Waler
Abigail Faith Waler (2011)…. 1.3.1.1.5.
Alisha Denae (2008)……….…..1.3.1.1.4.
Jayla Nicole (2005)……………… 1.3.1.1.1.
Kendra Dawn (2006)………….. 1.3.1.1.2.
Robert Devon (1977)…………………………..
   1.3.1.1. Lisa Renee Gabe
Ryan Devon ( 2007)……………..1.3.1.1.3.

          White
Karen Sue ……………………..….. 5.5.1.
    1.3.1. Martin Lee Gabe

Re: Is there a custom descendant report similar to an outline descendant report like shown?

Ricky_graber
Anyone with info on this? Maybe a freelance job for someone?

Looks to be a mix of a descendant report and detailed descendant report with an index.

Re: Is there a custom descendant report similar to an outline descendant report like shown?

dangar46
There is already a similar report in the detailed descendant report.  Use the D-Aboroville numbering system and see if that  is what you want ......

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Ricky_graber <[hidden email]> wrote:
Anyone with info on this? Maybe a freelance job for someone?

Looks to be a mix of a descendant report and detailed descendant report with
an index.

Re: Is there a custom descendant report similar to an outline descendant report like shown?

Ricky_graber
If I do it as a book I can create an index with it but it is still not what I am looking for. The main problem with it is that the "detailed descendant report" orders by generation (gen1>gen2>gen3>...). I like the detailed report layout  but wanted the order to be like a regular "descendant report (parent1>children>grandchildren>parent2>children>parent3>...). I would also like a more customizable index, especially the option to remove parents of spouses to not be included in the index.

I thought of trying to combine the detailed and regular descendant report in python but I am to much of a novice to get anywhere with it. I couldn't even get a test report to work, it would show up in gramps but I would get this error:

--- 10570: ERROR: grampsapp.py: line 114: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GrampsAIO-4.1.1\lib\python2.7\site-packages/gramps/gui/viewmanager.py", line 1637, in <lambda>
    return lambda x: run_plugin(pdata, dbstate, uistate)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GrampsAIO-4.1.1\lib\python2.7\site-packages/gramps/gui/viewmanager.py", line 1619, in run_plugin
    getattr(mod, pdata.reportclass),
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'TestDescendantReport' ---