Isolating v4.0 from v4.1?

The *database* directory can be reconfigured from it's default of
~/.gramps/grampsdb to "somewhere else", but is ~/.gramps hard-coded into the
software for configuration files, etc?

Or could I mv ~/.gramps to ~/.gramps40, after running v4.1 the first time,
mv it's ~/.gramps to ~/.gramps41 and symlink .gramps to the one I want to use?

Thanks.

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: Isolating v4.0 from v4.1?

Nick Hall
On 22/06/14 22:42, Ron Johnson wrote:
The *database* directory can be reconfigured from it's default of
~/.gramps/grampsdb to "somewhere else", but is ~/.gramps hard-coded into the
software for configuration files, etc?

Or could I mv ~/.gramps to ~/.gramps40, after running v4.1 the first time,
mv it's ~/.gramps to ~/.gramps41 and symlink .gramps to the one I want to use?

The profile directory can be configured using the GRAMPSHOME environment variable.

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Command_Line#Environment_variables

Re: Isolating v4.0 from v4.1?

jerome
Or set an alternate DB(s) path for v4.1, which will be stored into 'gramps41/gramps.ini' and will be used when you will run gramps 4.1.x.

Before creating a new Family Tree under v4.1, go into Edit menu -> Preferences -> Databases and set an alternate path as the default one (grampsdb). Then create a new family tree, which will be stored into this alternate path.

Family Trees for v4.0 will never "cross / meet" Family Trees for v4.1 and vice versa.