KML files Was: POLL: Future Gramps development

KML files Was: POLL: Future Gramps development

Philip Weiss

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Serge Noiraud <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Philip,
I'd love to see something similar to relationship view for places.
Ability to attach .kml or similar files to a place and have the KML displayed in Geography.
KML files are already available in geography from 4.2
See : https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Categories#All_known_places_for_one_person_with_graphical_information_.28KML_files.29

You have also the possibility to add places from one kml file:
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_Categories#Adding_places_from_KML_files

I didn't know about the first, but it is not quite what I want. I want to attach a kml file to a place, not to a specific event.

(Changed subject so it doesn't come up in Nick's tallying...)

Phil.