LaTex

Михаил Болоничев
Hi, everybody.

I have some problems with the LaTex files. When I create a file, my Cyrillic characters (Russian) are read as empty. How to fix this?

Mikhail

Re: LaTex

Per Starbäck
Is this about the LaTeX files produced with the addon GenealogyTree?
In that case make sure you process the .tex file with "lualatex" (and
not "pdflatex") and make sure you have the Libertine fonts installed
for LaTeX. (For example in Fedora that is in a package
texlive-libertine. If you have a full TeXlive installation there will
be no problem with this.)

Den fre 7 dec. 2018 kl 12:15 skrev Михаил Болоничев <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, everybody.
>
> I have some problems with the LaTex files. When I create a file, my Cyrillic characters (Russian) are read as empty. How to fix this?
>
> Mikhail

Re: LaTex

Михаил Болоничев
I will check it.

пт, 7 дек. 2018 г., 14:33 Per Starbäck [hidden email]:
Is this about the LaTeX files produced with the addon GenealogyTree?
In that case make sure you process the .tex file with "lualatex" (and
not "pdflatex") and make sure you have the Libertine fonts installed
for LaTeX. (For example in Fedora that is in a package
texlive-libertine. If you have a full TeXlive installation there will
be no problem with this.)

Den fre 7 dec. 2018 kl 12:15 skrev Михаил Болоничев <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, everybody.
>
> I have some problems with the LaTex files. When I create a file, my Cyrillic characters (Russian) are read as empty. How to fix this?
>
> Mikhail

Re: LaTex

Peter Flynn
On 07/12/2018 11:33, Per Starbäck wrote:
> Is this about the LaTeX files produced with the addon GenealogyTree?
> In that case make sure you process the .tex file with "lualatex" (and
> not "pdflatex") and make sure you have the Libertine fonts installed
> for LaTeX. (For example in Fedora that is in a package
> texlive-libertine. If you have a full TeXlive installation there will
> be no problem with this.)

Do the files also work with XeLaTeX or do they actually use Lua?

I haven't needed to use Lua yet, so I haven't tested lualatex; but for
regular document processing I do now strongly recommend NOT using
pdflatex but move to UTF-8 and XeLaTeX (or indeed LuaLaTeX).

With TTF/OTF fonts installed on Linux, it's a good idea to rebuild the
font cache, as this is not automated. Details are at
http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/fontuse.html#xlxfontsetup

> Den fre 7 dec. 2018 kl 12:15 skrev Михаил Болоничев <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi, everybody.
>>
>> I have some problems with the LaTex files. When I create a file, my Cyrillic characters (Russian) are read as empty. How to fix this?
>>
>> Mikhail

Peter Flynn | Principal Consultant | Silmaril Consultants | Cork 🇮🇪
Ireland | ☎ +353 86 824 5333 | ✉ [hidden email] | 🌍
blogs.silmaril.ie/peter

Re: LaTex

Janusz S. Bień
On Fri, Dec 07 2018 at 12:33 +0100, Per Starbäck wrote:
> Is this about the LaTeX files produced with the addon GenealogyTree?

If not, you have to adapt it to LuaTeX/XeLaTeX by hand.

The adaption includes providing a Cyrillic font definion, which of couse
has to be available.

Best regards

Janusz

--