Location report

Beyer, Frank
Hi,

is it possible to generate a report for one location with data (birth,
death, etc.) of all persons who have a reference to it?
Now I can see the references on the screen but for contacting registry
offices it would be helpfull to have sheets per location.

Best Regards
Frank Beyer

Re: Location report

Eero Tamminen-2
Hi,

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 16:21, Beyer, Frank wrote:
> is it possible to generate a report for one location with data (birth,
> death, etc.) of all persons who have a reference to it?
> Now I can see the references on the screen but for contacting registry
> offices it would be helpfull to have sheets per location.

I got an interesting idea for a report.

There's already a timeline for selected set of persons.

What if the person selection criteria would be the location of any of
the person's event locations?  This would be more interesting in 2.2
where events are independent entities...

        - Eero

Re: Location report

Alex Roitman
On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 21:51 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 May 2006 16:21, Beyer, Frank wrote:
> > is it possible to generate a report for one location with data (birth,
> > death, etc.) of all persons who have a reference to it?
> > Now I can see the references on the screen but for contacting registry
> > offices it would be helpfull to have sheets per location.

We don't have it yet, but I suppose it could be written.

> I got an interesting idea for a report.
>
> There's already a timeline for selected set of persons.
>
> What if the person selection criteria would be the location of any of
> the person's event locations?  This would be more interesting in 2.2
> where events are independent entities...

And this would be the extension of what Frank is asking for,
wouldn't it? Each place would list people/families with events
in that place.

Sounds like a good idea. Anybody ready to start writing it?
Alex

Re: Location report

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 22:04, Alex Roitman wrote:

> > > is it possible to generate a report for one location with data
> > > (birth, death, etc.) of all persons who have a reference to it?
> > > Now I can see the references on the screen but for contacting
> > > registry offices it would be helpfull to have sheets per location.
>
> We don't have it yet, but I suppose it could be written.
>
> > I got an interesting idea for a report.
> >
> > There's already a timeline for selected set of persons.
> >
> > What if the person selection criteria would be the location of any of
> > the person's event locations?  This would be more interesting in 2.2
> > where events are independent entities...
>
> And this would be the extension of what Frank is asking for,
> wouldn't it? Each place would list people/families with events
> in that place.
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Anybody ready to start writing it?

Isn't only thing it requires a filter that selects people based on
the location of their events?

        - Eero

Re: Location report

Alex Roitman
On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 22:33 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Isn't only thing it requires a filter that selects people based on
> the location of their events?

I thought we're talking about different text.
Something like this:

   Place:  Helsinki, Finland
   Person: Eero Tamminen, Event: ... Date ...
   Family: ...

   Place: ...

and so on.

As for using the existing report with the place-based
filter -- this can already be done for the reports
allowing filters.

Alex

Re: Location report

Jim Winfrey
On 5/3/06, Alex Roitman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 22:33 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Isn't only thing it requires a filter that selects people based on
> > the location of their events?
>
> I thought we're talking about different text.
> Something like this:
>
>    Place:  Helsinki, Finland
>    Person: Eero Tamminen, Event: ... Date ...
>    Family: ...
>

>    Place: ...
>
> and so on.
>

> As for using the existing report with the place-based
> filter -- this can already be done for the reports
> allowing filters.
>
> Alex
>
> --
> Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org

We can already build lists of people with events occuring in a
specified place.  We can open the Places list and look at the
reference for each place name.  It gives the name and event for all
events in that Place.  Or the filter "People with records containing"
can be used to find all people with events in a particular place. The
problem is that the information is there and is accessible but, at
this point, cannot be printed out.

BTW, the About splash screen for 2.0.11 shows a copyright date of 2005.

Jim

Re: Location report

Eero Tamminen-3
Hi,

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 22:35, Jim Winfrey wrote:
> > > Isn't only thing it requires a filter that selects people based on
> > > the location of their events?
> >
> > I thought we're talking about different text.

Frank, what kind of information you wanted?

> > Something like this:
> >
> >    Place:  Helsinki, Finland
> >    Person: Eero Tamminen, Event: ... Date ...
> >    Family: ...
> >

> >    Place: ...
> >
> > and so on.

Timeline report shows the person name and (birth & death) event year.

> > As for using the existing report with the place-based
> > filter -- this can already be done for the reports
> > allowing filters.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > --
> > Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org
>
> We can already build lists of people with events occuring in a
> specified place.  We can open the Places list and look at the
> reference for each place name.  It gives the name and event for all
> events in that Place.  Or the filter "People with records containing"
> can be used to find all people with events in a particular place. The
> problem is that the information is there and is accessible but, at
> this point, cannot be printed out.

If we already have a filter for selecting people with events on certain
location, we can print at least some reports.  Whether they contain
information (in format) relevant to Frank is another matter. :-)

        - Eero