Locked Data Base

James L Walsh
Hi,

I did try to report this problem earlier to day but it may have gone astray

on my account. Just as well because I did not supply enough information.

Problem; I have three 'Families' and when I try to open I receive the
message

'Data Base Locked'. I press the 'close' button and it closes but I do
net get the

suggested window with 'Force un-lock'. What do I do?

Two other Families on the same programme will open and allow me to work
on them.

While the 'Data Base Locked' window is on screen the reminder of the
programme is

frozen.

I am operating Gramps AIO64-4.2.8 on Windows 10 system.

James L.

---

Re: Locked Data Base

John Ralls-2
Don't press the close button. Double-click on the locked database or select it and click "Load Family Tree" and a dialog will come up asking if you want to break the lock. Answer yes to the dialog; you'll be returned to the Family Trees window and you can open the database as usual.

Regards,
John Ralls

> On Mar 31, 2018, at 11:48 AM, James L Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I did try to report this problem earlier to day but it may have gone astray
>
> on my account. Just as well because I did not supply enough information.
>
> Problem; I have three 'Families' and when I try to open I receive the message
>
> 'Data Base Locked'. I press the 'close' button and it closes but I do net get the
>
> suggested window with 'Force un-lock'. What do I do?
>
> Two other Families on the same programme will open and allow me to work on them.
>
> While the 'Data Base Locked' window is on screen the reminder of the programme is
>
> frozen.
>
> I am operating Gramps AIO64-4.2.8 on Windows 10 system.
>
> James L.
>

> ---

Re: Locked Data Base

Brad Rogers
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 19:48:04 +0100
James L Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello James,

>'Data Base Locked'. I press the 'close' button and it closes but I do
>net get the suggested window with 'Force un-lock'. What do I do?

Don't press the close button.  Double click on the database that's
locked.  *Then* you'll get offered the chance to unlock it.

--
 Regards  _
Two sides to every story