Looking for Developer, custom add-on

PatriotReserves
Our company is looking for a developer. We are trying to collect and
visualize information about how pieces of land are inherited and sold over
time. The land is called mineral rights and it is the ownership of what is
beneath the surface such as oil and gas. Each event has a unique ID number
and it either indicates that the rights were transferred or rented to
another party.

We are looking for something similar to the Timeline Pedigree View addon and
the Data entry addon. We also need the ability to view limited portions of
the inheritance tree based on a person or a piece of land.
Our database is PostGRESQL hosted on AWS.

If you would like to know more details about this project, please email me
at [hidden email]

--
Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-Dev-f1791083.html

Re: Looking for Developer, custom add-on

StoltHD
You should use Gramps 5 and the mongoDB db-api and run the database on mongoDB, then you could install and run Neo4j graph databse in a livesync relation with the mongoDB (and not need to convert the BLOBS that Gramps use for the other database backends...

In neo4j, you then can use the mongodb "connnector" and write your selections as you like then and get the data in real time...

just as a tips of how to get the most out of the effort the Gramps dev do...

Else, if you don't need the data "real time", you could export a json (or maybe even csv if it cover all your "needs" i.e. all fields), and import it to eighter yEd (free) or Gephi (also free) to create the graphs you like,... with a GUI...

another tip of using existing software ...

This is not to take away the possible job for some developer, but just ment as tips for using some good tools already out there...
PS. I just know this systems functionality as a user, not as a developer so I can not help setting them up and configure then, I oonly wanted to point to something that might work without a lot of work...

Others might have other alternatives...

Best Regards

Jaran