MAX_LEVEL only 15?

Joachim Breitner
Hi,

I noticed that the statusbar does not display remote relationships
generations, and it seems that this is caused by MAX_LEVEL in
Relationship.py. Is there a technical reason for this limit? In my case,
I'd rather have it at 40 or more, to cover my data, and I'm wondering if
the default should be higher than 15, too, or if this could be turned
into a GConf setting?

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail: [hidden email] | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C

Re: MAX_LEVEL only 15?

Don Allingham
This was set to 15 for 2.0.9, but will probably be a programmable number
in 2.0.10. This was done because of the amount of time it would take to
calculate the relationship. With 15 generations, we could handle the
calculation in under 1/2 second. We had done database with over 100
generations, and it took over 20 seconds to calculate the relationship.

The number of people potentially doubles with each generation, so the
time to calculate can potentially double with each generation.

Don

--
Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org