Quantcast

Media Verify Tool

Martnal
I have recent memories of running the tool, selecting the "EXTRA FILES" tab, and then using the FIX button, to add files to the media tab.

I thought that that would import all the 'extra files' into the Media list.  This time it isn't.  Am I doing something wrong, or am I imagining that I once did this?   I have a large number of new items added, that I want to import.

Martin

Martin, SW London

I am using GRAMPS 4.2.3-1 on Windows 10.

I am researching surnames Loughborough, (London and Hartlepool), Watson, (Jarrow and Hartlepool), Ballard and Glassop (E. London), Mowbray, Pounder and Bulmer, (all Hartlepool), Leggett (Middlesborough and Prescot).

Re: Media Verify Tool

Mary Lynch
On 17/02/2017 09:59, Martnal wrote:
> I have recent memories of running the tool, selecting the "EXTRA FILES" tab,
> and then using the FIX button, to add files to the media tab.
>
> I thought that that would import all the 'extra files' into the Media list.
> This time it isn't.  Am I doing something wrong, or am I imagining that I
> once did this?   I have a large number of new items added, that I want to
> import.
>
> Martin
My experience is that the FIX button corrects the paths of files that
have been moved.

Tools/Utilities/Media Manager has an option "Add images not included in
database".

Re: Media Verify Tool

Hello Martin,

> I have recent memories of running the tool, selecting the "EXTRA FILES" tab,
> and then using the FIX button, to add files to the media tab.
I'm afraid that they're wrong. As far as I know the Fix button only
corrects paths for files that have moved, and only as far as checksums
have been calculated earlier, so that they can be found.

> I thought that that would import all the 'extra files' into the Media list.
> This time it isn't.  Am I doing something wrong, or am I imagining that I
> once did this?   I have a large number of new items added, that I want to
> import.
Your memories come from another tool, which is the Media Manager. In
that, the bottom option adds all 'extra' files to the media table, where
'extra' means all non registered files in folders where registered media
files can be found.

regards,