Media files & related file location.

Oldest1

More questions about media.

In an effort to keep some original images of some birth record, its transcription and possibly translation in one place, I have, at least for some of my records, combined all 2 or 3 pieces into a text file for editing and then exported to a PDF as the final record.

For this process, I would like to keep all bits (jpg, odt, ...) together in one place, but this really clutters up the Gramps media space and always ends up with a real pile of 'Extra files'.

Ideally, I do want to keep them together, but would like a filter to screen out known 'extra' files, but ....

My question is: how do you handle any such 'extra' files?

or am I missing some existing filter?

TIA