Media, putting photo's in sequence

Phylis Sophical
In the each person's Gallery, I have three photo's, Baby, young adult and current photo, in that order.
In the Ancestry Navigator, by default, it shows the first photo (baby picture) I would like the second photo (young adult) to show.
I know I can re-order them in the Gallery, but I would like to keep the age sequence. But have the adult photo show in Ancestry and other places that show a single photo.
Is it possible to choose which of three photos shows in other areas such as Ancestry?

Gramps AIO64-4.2.5-1
Windows 10

Re: Media, putting photo's in sequence

Nick Hall-6
On 05/08/13 19:17, PhylisSophical wrote:
In the each person's Gallery, I have three photo's, Baby, young adult and current photo, in that order.
In the Ancestry Navigator, by default, it shows the first photo (baby picture) I would like the second photo (young adult) to show.
I know I can re-order them in the Gallery, but I would like to keep the age sequence. But have the adult photo show in Ancestry and other places that show a single photo.
Is it possible to choose which of three photos shows in other areas such as Ancestry?

No, the first one is displayed.

You could submit a feature request on the bug tracker:

http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs

Re: Media, putting photo's in sequence

Carey
Until you are permitted to select the preferred image, Order them in reverse, then you will have a recognizable image and they will be in a useful, if reverse, order. And of course put other images after, like grave markers etc.

Carey

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM, PhylisSophical <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the each person's Gallery, I have three photo's, Baby, young adult and current photo, in that order.
In the Ancestry Navigator, by default, it shows the first photo (baby picture) I would like the second photo (young adult) to show.
I know I can re-order them in the Gallery, but I would like to keep the age sequence. But have the adult photo show in Ancestry and other places that show a single photo.
Is it possible to choose which of three photos shows in other areas such as Ancestry?

http://parkswhistles.com/
http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks
http://twitter.com/LuthierCarey

Re: Media, putting photo's in sequence

Michael T. Sullivan
On 2013-08-05 13:17, PhylisSophical wrote:
> In the each person's Gallery, I have three photo's, Baby, young adult
> and current photo, in that order.
> In the Ancestry Navigator, by default, it shows the first photo (baby
> picture) I would like the second photo (young adult) to show.
> I know I can re-order them in the Gallery, but I would like to keep the
> age sequence. But have the adult photo show in Ancestry and other places
> that show a single photo.
> Is it possible to choose which of three photos shows in other areas such
> as Ancestry?

Another possible workaround would be to share an additional media reference to the desired photo so that it appears twice in the gallery: both at the first position and again in its proper chronological order (relative to all the others). Note that each media reference can have a different referenced region setting, so you could zoom in on the face in the first media reference while still showing the entire photo for the media reference in chronological order.