Metadata in images

pelm
Hi!
I'm running Gramps 4.1.1 under Ubuntu 14.04. I have gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10 and also the old python-pyexiv2 libraries installed on my system. I have generated metadata tags with Gthumb for my pictures, the problem is that I can't see the metatags in Gramps in the metadatagramplet, they are empty but they shouldn't. Is there something else i must do to for it to work?

Regards

Re: Metadata in images

Josip
26.2.2015. u 11:37, pelm je napisao/la:
> Hi!
> I'm running Gramps 4.1.1 under Ubuntu 14.04. I have gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10 and
> also the old python-pyexiv2 libraries installed on my system. I have
> generated metadata tags with Gthumb for my pictures, the problem is that I
> can't see the metatags in Gramps in the metadatagramplet, they are empty but
> they shouldn't. Is there something else i must do to for it to work?

You need pyexiv2 for Gramps-3.x only not for Gramps-4.x
Needed Ubuntu 14.04 packages are:
 libexiv2
 libgexiv2
 gir1.2-gexiv2

There was also a bug in gramps libmetdata which is fixed in soon to be
released Gramps-4.1.2
You can see changes at:
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/e0b44f
and try to apply it on yours version if in hurry.
--
Josip

Re: Metadata in images

pelm
Thanks for the answer, have the required libraries. Waiting for the bugfix in 4.1.2.