Mother-in-law problems

Peter Merchant
Hi,

My mother-in-law died today. We think that she is the longest lived
person in our family history. The question is this: Is there a way to
sort people by their longevity so that we can see if she is the longest
lived? I realise that this may have problems with people for whom we do
not have both dates of birth and death.

Thanks for the help.

Peter M.

Re: Mother-in-law problems

enno
Hi Peter,

> My mother-in-law died today. We think that she is the longest lived
> person in our family history. The question is this: Is there a way to
> sort people by their longevity so that we can see if she is the longest
> lived? I realise that this may have problems with people for whom we do
> not have both dates of birth and death.
The Records Gramplet scans your whole database, and gives a handful of
top 10s, like oldest persons still alive, oldest deceased persons,
shortest lives, etc. etc.

It can be added to the side bar, and I don't know whether it's standard
or an add-on.

I'm sorry about your loss.

Re: Mother-in-law problems

GRAMPS - User mailing list
I am also sorry for your loss.

If you are trying to locate a snippit of info about comparative family lifespan for the eulogy, you need a quick answer

So you may want to restrict the analysis to just immediate family of her ancestors.

Since the Record Gramplet does not provide such a filter, you can create a People rule and then export the resulting data and import it into a fresh Tree.  (For this task, it won't matter that the filter excluded some connecting people are excluded and the tree branch are no longer connected.)

In the new Tree, the Record Gramplet will report on just the filtered set of people.
Open the People panel, go to the Filter Gramplet and add Rules to:
    include
        Relationship Filters: People related to [your mother-in-law's ID]
    exclude:
        General Filters:
          people without a known birth date
          people without a known death date

Remember to delete the Tree after you've done the report.

Hi Peter,

On 23/05/18 19:51, Enno Borgsteede wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
>> My mother-in-law died today. We think that she is the longest lived
>> person in our family history. The question is this: Is there a way to
>> sort people by their longevity so that we can see if she is the longest
>> lived? I realise that this may have problems with people for whom we do
>> not have both dates of birth and death.
> The Records Gramplet scans your whole database, and gives a handful of
> top 10s, like oldest persons still alive, oldest deceased persons,
> shortest lives, etc. etc.
>
> It can be added to the side bar, and I don't know whether it's
> standard or an add-on.
>
> I'm sorry about your loss.
>
> Regards,
>
> Enno

Thanks Enno, that worked a treat. She was the longest lived person in my
database of her ancestors.
This report also finds me some work with people it says are still alive
over 100 years old. I am sure that they are not, just have to prove it now.

Cheers,
Peter