Moving information within and between individual person's files

Moving information within and between individual person's files

Alan H
After people got married, I entered their residence under family (where one enters marriage and the names of the children and so on) so I wouldn't have to enter it separately for each person. But that means it doesn't show up under the Residence heading on an individual report. Is there anyway I can easily move it out of family and add it to each person's file (i.e., both parents and all the children) without having to delete what I have and then retype it all multiple times?

Re: Moving information within and between individual person's files

Ron Johnson
I did the same thing...  :)

Open a relevant person's Edit window and you'll of course see Personal Events and "With So and so" events.  Just click-and-drag the relevant events from "With..." into "Personal Events".  It'll *copy*, not move, the event.  Then repeat for everyone else.  Lastly you can remove it from the Family area.

HTH.

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?