Quantcast

Multi-merge

Christopher Gorman
Hi.  I am a new gramps user trying to clean up sources and places in a large database.  Gramps is the only program I have been able to find that merges things without a lot of work.  However, I notice that it will only merge two items at a time.  Can anyone tell me if this is by design and, if so, why?  I'd love to be able to highlight 10 records that all refer to the same source or place and merge them all together.  It would make my work a lot less tedious.

- Chris

Re: Multi-merge

Ron Johnson
On 05/16/2017 05:08 PM, Christopher Gorman wrote:
Hi.  I am a new gramps user trying to clean up sources and places in a large database.  Gramps is the only program I have been able to find that merges things without a lot of work.  However, I notice that it will only merge two items at a time.  Can anyone tell me if this is by design

Yes.

and, if so, why?

Merging is hard.

I'd love to be able to highlight 10 records that all refer to the same source or place and merge them all together.  It would make my work a lot less tedious.

You're absolutely right, and I've wished for it many times myself.