Narrative Web Site Generator Gramps 2.0.10-1

Narrative Web Site Generator Gramps 2.0.10-1

Graeme Nichols
Hello,

Please excuse me if this has been answered before or addressed in a
later release of Gramps.

I am a fan of the above web site generator and would like to know if
there is a way to extend the number of generations shown in the Ancestor
Graph at the bottom of each page. Currently only 4 generations are shown
and I would like to extend it up to 10.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub

You climb to reach the summit, but once there, discover that all roads
lead down.
                -- Stanislaw Lem, "The Cyberiad"

Re: Narrative Web Site Generator Gramps 2.0.10-1

Brian Matherly
Graeme,

>I am a fan of the above web site generator and would like to know if
>there is a way to extend the number of generations shown in the Ancestor
>Graph at the bottom of each page. Currently only 4 generations are shown
>and I would like to extend it up to 10.
>
>Is there a way to do this?

It just so happens that this feature has been added to the latest version of Gramps which is not yet released. The new version will allow you to set the number of generations you want shown in the graph. I will give you one piece of advice, however: more than 5 generations makes the page REALLY big and causes it to go off of most people's screens. In testing it, I had the best results using 3, 4, or 5 generations. But you can set it to whatever you want and be your own judge.

~Brian

Brian Matherly wrote:

> Graeme,
>

>> I am a fan of the above web site generator and would like to know
>> if there is a way to extend the number of generations shown in the
>> Ancestor Graph at the bottom of each page. Currently only 4
>> generations are shown and I would like to extend it up to 10.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>

> It just so happens that this feature has been added to the latest
> version of Gramps which is not yet released. The new version will
> allow you to set the number of generations you want shown in the
> graph. I will give you one piece of advice, however: more than 5
> generations makes the page REALLY big and causes it to go off of most
> people's screens. In testing it, I had the best results using 3, 4,
> or 5 generations. But you can set it to whatever you want and be your
> own judge.
>
> ~Brian

Hello Brian,

Thank you. That is good news.

p.s. I hope you can read this. It doesn't look good in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub

At the end of your life there'll be a good rest, and no further activities
are scheduled.