Narrative Website error

Piotr Czubaszek-2
When trying to generate the report, I get the following error (GRAMPS
3.0 rev. 9197):

185198: ERROR: gramps.py: line 148: Unhandled exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ViewManager.py", line 1550,
in <lambda>
    lst[0], lst[1], lst[2], lst[3], lst[4], lst[5])
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/ReportBase/_ReportDialog.py",
line 681, in report
    report_class(dbstate,uistate,person)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 2952, in __init__
    self.make_report()
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 3048, in make_report
    MyReport.write_report()
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 2473, in write_report
    self.person_pages(ind_list, place_list, source_list, archive)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 2524, in person_pages
    place_list, source_list, self.options, archive, self.photo_list)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 1683, in __init__
    self.display_ind_events(of)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/NarrativeWeb.py",
line 1930, in display_ind_events
    event = self.db.get_event_from_handle(event_ref.ref)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/proxy/private.py", line
97, in get_event_from_handle
    return sanitize_event(self.db,event)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/proxy/private.py", line
861, in sanitize_event
    copy_attributes(db,event,new_event)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/proxy/private.py", line
537, in copy_attributes
    copy_notes(db,attribute,new_attribute)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/proxy/private.py", line
516, in copy_notes
    if note.get_privacy() == False:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_privacy'

Piotrek

Re: Narrative Website error

Gary Burton
Hello Piotr,

This is almost certainly related to a patch I have just had committed
to NarrativeWeb.py that allows the Narrative Web report to show
individual events that have a role other than Primary.

Right now, I cannot reproduce the error you are seeing with my data -
but I shall take a closer look later. In the meantime, can you create a
bug report for me and supply a test case that produces the error?

Bye

Gary

Re: Narrative Website error

Benny Malengier
Gary,

without looking at the code, the narrative website generator should not look at the privacy setting if the database on which it runs is the proxy private database.

I would hence suspect a private note not to be present in the proxy, no need to still check the attribute.

Also the proxy classes do not have full functionality, so perhaps what is needed here still must be added. Brian worked on the proxies with Don.

Benny

2007/10/16, Gary Burton < [hidden email]>:
Hello Piotr,

This is almost certainly related to a patch I have just had committed
to NarrativeWeb.py that allows the Narrative Web report to show
individual events that have a role other than Primary.

Right now, I cannot reproduce the error you are seeing with my data -
but I shall take a closer look later. In the meantime, can you create a
bug report for me and supply a test case that produces the error?

Bye

Gary

Re: Narrative Website error

Gary Burton
Hello Benny,

I have changed the display_ind_event() function in NarrativeWeb.py to make use of person.get_event_ref_list() instead of person.get_primary_event_ref_list() to get a list of all of the event references rather than just event references with a primary role. So there is something going on with Piotr's data that is tripping up something in get_event_ref_list(). I shall have a dig into this function and work out what is going on.

Bye

Gary

Re: Narrative Website error

Gary Burton
Hello Benny,

>>ok, if you get stuck, just yell :-)
>>The proxy db's have not seen much testing, might be the cause.

I cannot reproduce this problem and I am giving up for tonight. Looking at Piotr's traceback a bit more closely the error is from functions called from db.get_event_from_handle(). I don't understand what the proxy db's do yet, but I guess this function makes use of one of them. My patch has not changed the call to this function but now it is being asked to retrieve all the person's events rather than just the primary events but I guess that should not make a difference. The error looks like it is being caused by some privacy flag set on a piece of data attached to an event. I have tried lots of privacy combinations but cannot find any that cause this error.

Yahoo's mail system is badly broken tonight - this mail may or may not get through.

Bye

Gary

Re: Narrative Website error

Benny Malengier
Piotr,
can you add the listing to bug tracker, so we can research it from there?

Brian,
as private proxy expert, perhaps you have time to give it a look?

Benny

2007/10/17, Gary Burton < [hidden email]>:
Hello Benny,

>>ok, if you get stuck, just yell :-)
>>The proxy db's have not seen much testing, might be the cause.

I cannot reproduce this problem and I am giving up for tonight. Looking at Piotr's traceback a bit more closely the error is from functions called from db.get_event_from_handle(). I don't understand what the proxy db's do yet, but I guess this function makes use of one of them. My patch has not changed the call to this function but now it is being asked to retrieve all the person's events rather than just the primary events but I guess that should not make a difference. The error looks like it is being caused by some privacy flag set on a piece of data attached to an event. I have tried lots of privacy combinations but cannot find any that cause this error.

Yahoo's mail system is badly broken tonight - this mail may or may not get through.

Bye

Gary

Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. <a href="http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEydmViNG02BF9TAzIxMTQ3MTcxOTAEc2VjA21haWwEc2xrA3RhZ2xpbmU" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> Try it now.

Re: Narrative Website error

Brian Matherly
Let me know the tracker number when it exists.

~Brian

can you add the listing to bug tracker, so we can research it from there?

Brian,
as private proxy expert, perhaps you have time to give it a look?

Benny

2007/10/17, Gary Burton < [hidden email]>:
Hello Benny,

>>ok, if you get stuck, just yell :-)
>>The proxy db's have not seen much testing, might be the cause.

I cannot reproduce this problem and I am giving up for tonight. Looking at Piotr's traceback a bit more closely the error is from functions called from db.get_event_from_handle(). I don't understand what the proxy db's do yet, but I guess this function makes use of one of them. My patch has not changed the call to this function but now it is being asked to retrieve all the person's events rather than just the primary events but I guess that should not make a difference. The error looks like it is being caused by some privacy flag set on a piece of data attached to an event. I have tried lots of privacy combinations but cannot find any that cause this error.

Yahoo's mail system is badly broken tonight - this mail may or may not get through.

Bye

Gary

Re: Narrative Website error

Piotr Czubaszek-2
Although my database seemed to be working fine, I exported and
reimported it into a new one. After this operation I don't get this
error any more.

When I digged deeper, I found that indices and map rebuilding tools
crash on my database. Is it a problem of GRAMPS or of my database?

972943: ERROR: _Tool.py: line 258: Failed to start tool.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/PluginUtils/_Tool.py", line
254, in gui_tool
    tool_class(dbstate, uistate, options_class, name, callback)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/Rebuild.py", line
88, in __init__
    self.db.rebuild_secondary(self.update)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/db/dbdir.py", line 772,
in rebuild_secondary
    self.__rebuild_secondary(callback)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/db/dbdir.py", line 803,
in __rebuild_secondary
    env.remove(_mkname(self.full_name, name), name)
DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu')

1127811: ERROR: _Tool.py: line 258: Failed to start tool.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/PluginUtils/_Tool.py", line
254, in gui_tool
    tool_class(dbstate, uistate, options_class, name, callback)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/plugins/RebuildRefMap.py",
line 89, in __init__
    self.db.reindex_reference_map(self.update)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/db/dbdir.py", line
1024, in reindex_reference_map
    self.__reindex_reference_map(callback)
  File "/home/piotrek/rpmbuild/fromsvn/src/gen/db/dbdir.py", line
1039, in __reindex_reference_map
    junk.remove(_mkname(self.full_name, REF_REF), REF_REF)