Narrative web Site footer

Andrew B-2
Where do I set up headers and footers in the new narrative web site?

Re: Narrative web Site footer

Don Allingham
Andrew,

Read the section about adding custom code to your page.

http://gramps-project.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=15&MMN_position=30:2

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don

--
Don Allingham
http://don.allingham.org

Re: Narrative web Site footer

Andrew B-2
Thanks Don.

Getting html into the headers and footers is no problem.

I did read the instructions, but didn't quite twig what the Media / NoteID was all about. I sort-of got it working, but I still find it confusing. I'm not entirely sure what the design intends. Maybe I'm a bit slow!

The bit I don't get is the top 3 drop-downs in the dialog: Home, introduction, contact. I could only choose images in the drop-down lists, even though I experimented and set up notes and other stuff too. I added external html text files, could choose them, expecting them to be picked up on the information page, but nothing turned up in the html source.

I wanted to include a gif image of my email address for the contact page (so spam robots won't spot me), and although I could choose it, gramps generated a bad  tag. The tag contained the correct img filename, but the path was missing. I guess there are still a few bugs.

Anyway, I moved the email.gif into my page footer, and for now I'm a happy camper.