Narrative web report forename sort order

Narrative web report forename sort order

pelm
I see that in 4.2.3, if I create a narrative web report, the sort order for persons forenames is changed to sorting with the Gramps-ID instead of alphabetically sorting the names. Is this on purpose? Can this be changed to alphabetically sort forenames? That was the default for persons in the narrative web report before 4.2.3. For surnames it's the same behaviour as before.

Thanks.

Re: Narrative web report forename sort order

Serge Noiraud-2
Hi pelle,

please file a bug and add a small example to show what you get and what you should expect.
Normally, I solved one similar case in 4.2.3. So, I don't see where is the problem.

Serge

Le 13/04/2016 12:55, pelm a écrit :
> I see that in 4.2.3, if I create a narrative web report, the sort order for
> persons forenames is changed to sorting with the Gramps-ID instead of
> alphabetically sorting the names. Is this on purpose? Can this be changed to
> alphabetically sort forenames? That was the default for persons in the
> narrative web report before 4.2.3. For surnames it's the same behaviour as
> before.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Narrative web report forename sort order

pelm
Hi Serge, thank you for the answer. On closer look it isn't a problem. The surname order is alphabetical, both in the surnames and persontabs. The forenames in the persontab is ordered by Gramps-ID within the surnames, but before these also was alphabetically ordered. That isn't an problem though, in a way it's better. So I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best

Re: Narrative web report forename sort order

Simon C. Tremblay
I opened a bug request for this https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=9389 as having the individuals sorted by Gramps ID makes it difficult to find a person when you have many with the same surname.

Thanks for your help

Simon