Quantcast

Navweb jpeg failure.

Alvin Larson
Hello,

GRAMPS  3.4.2-1 fails to enter .jpg photos into the web pages generated
by Reports -> Web Pages -> Narrated Web Site.  This only happens when
entry is through an event, under  the Events tab of the person's main
page.  Procedure;  (1) click on person's name, (2) go to Events tab,
(3) click on a Personal Events name , (3) go to Source Citations tab,
(4)  click on a title, (5) go to Gallery tab, (6) enter a photo.  Jpeg
files are in the data base but do not appear on the web pages.  I
sometimes get a messages such as,

"Firefox can't find the file at
/home/arl/FamilyTree/NARWEB_FULL/img/6/0/c4c2e41210e2db331adc7e73906.html".

This happens when I click the name I assigned to the Source Citation
title.  Jpeg files entered with Ver 3.3.2-1 do appear on the web pages.

Photos entered under Gallery tab on a person's main page show up very
nicely now.

This problem appeared in a previous version of GRAMPS that I tried a few
months ago.  I filed a bug report on that problem in July, but never got
any response.

I am maintaining a Gramps web site on a small home server so the navweb
generator is important to me.  I guess I will have to go back to Version
3.3.2-1 until this  error error  can be fixed.

I am running Aptosid Linux on an old 64 bit Monarch with two processors.

Alvin Larson

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

J. Allen Crider-2
This is a known bug that doesn't have an easy solution.  The problem is
that media pages are generated before source pages, so the media pages
for media objects attached to sources never get generated.  According to
what I've been able to learn, this probably won't be fixed until GEPS
022: Narrative Website Refactor is implemented.  I haven't been able to
find out whether any progress is being made on it.

Allen Crider

On 11/06/2012 10:24 AM, Alvin Larson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> GRAMPS  3.4.2-1 fails to enter .jpg photos into the web pages generated
> by Reports -> Web Pages -> Narrated Web Site.  This only happens when
> entry is through an event, under  the Events tab of the person's main
> page.  Procedure;  (1) click on person's name, (2) go to Events tab,
> (3) click on a Personal Events name , (3) go to Source Citations tab,
> (4)  click on a title, (5) go to Gallery tab, (6) enter a photo.  Jpeg
> files are in the data base but do not appear on the web pages.  I
> sometimes get a messages such as,
>
> "Firefox can't find the file at
> /home/arl/FamilyTree/NARWEB_FULL/img/6/0/c4c2e41210e2db331adc7e73906.html".
>
> This happens when I click the name I assigned to the Source Citation
> title.  Jpeg files entered with Ver 3.3.2-1 do appear on the web pages.
>
> Photos entered under Gallery tab on a person's main page show up very
> nicely now.
>
> This problem appeared in a previous version of GRAMPS that I tried a few
> months ago.  I filed a bug report on that problem in July, but never got
> any response.
>
> I am maintaining a Gramps web site on a small home server so the navweb
> generator is important to me.  I guess I will have to go back to Version
> 3.3.2-1 until this  error error  can be fixed.
>
> I am running Aptosid Linux on an old 64 bit Monarch with two processors.
>
> Alvin Larson

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

Peter G
What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?

Peter

This is a known bug that doesn't have an easy solution.  The problem is
that media pages are generated before source pages, so the media pages
for media objects attached to sources never get generated.  According to
what I've been able to learn, this probably won't be fixed until GEPS
022: Narrative Website Refactor is implemented.  I haven't been able to
find out whether any progress is being made on it.

Allen Crider

On 11/06/2012 10:24 AM, Alvin Larson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> GRAMPS  3.4.2-1 fails to enter .jpg photos into the web pages generated
> by Reports -> Web Pages -> Narrated Web Site.  This only happens when
> entry is through an event, under  the Events tab of the person's main
> page.  Procedure;  (1) click on person's name, (2) go to Events tab,
> (3) click on a Personal Events name , (3) go to Source Citations tab,
> (4)  click on a title, (5) go to Gallery tab, (6) enter a photo.  Jpeg
> files are in the data base but do not appear on the web pages.  I
> sometimes get a messages such as,
>
> "Firefox can't find the file at
> /home/arl/FamilyTree/NARWEB_FULL/img/6/0/c4c2e41210e2db331adc7e73906.html".
>
> This happens when I click the name I assigned to the Source Citation
> title.  Jpeg files entered with Ver 3.3.2-1 do appear on the web pages.
>
> Photos entered under Gallery tab on a person's main page show up very
> nicely now.
>
> This problem appeared in a previous version of GRAMPS that I tried a few
> months ago.  I filed a bug report on that problem in July, but never got
> any response.
>
> I am maintaining a Gramps web site on a small home server so the navweb
> generator is important to me.  I guess I will have to go back to Version
> 3.3.2-1 until this  error error  can be fixed.
>
> I am running Aptosid Linux on an old 64 bit Monarch with two processors.
>
> Alvin Larson

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

Benny Malengier

2012/11/26 Peter G <[hidden email]>
What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?

This will not work. Citations replaced sourcereference, and gramps 3.3 is not aware of that.

Benny

Peter

This is a known bug that doesn't have an easy solution.  The problem is
that media pages are generated before source pages, so the media pages
for media objects attached to sources never get generated.  According to
what I've been able to learn, this probably won't be fixed until GEPS
022: Narrative Website Refactor is implemented.  I haven't been able to
find out whether any progress is being made on it.

Allen Crider

On 11/06/2012 10:24 AM, Alvin Larson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> GRAMPS  3.4.2-1 fails to enter .jpg photos into the web pages generated
> by Reports -> Web Pages -> Narrated Web Site.  This only happens when
> entry is through an event, under  the Events tab of the person's main
> page.  Procedure;  (1) click on person's name, (2) go to Events tab,
> (3) click on a Personal Events name , (3) go to Source Citations tab,
> (4)  click on a title, (5) go to Gallery tab, (6) enter a photo.  Jpeg
> files are in the data base but do not appear on the web pages.  I
> sometimes get a messages such as,
>
> "Firefox can't find the file at
> /home/arl/FamilyTree/NARWEB_FULL/img/6/0/c4c2e41210e2db331adc7e73906.html".
>
> This happens when I click the name I assigned to the Source Citation
> title.  Jpeg files entered with Ver 3.3.2-1 do appear on the web pages.
>
> Photos entered under Gallery tab on a person's main page show up very
> nicely now.
>
> This problem appeared in a previous version of GRAMPS that I tried a few
> months ago.  I filed a bug report on that problem in July, but never got
> any response.

> I am maintaining a Gramps web site on a small home server so the navweb
> generator is important to me.  I guess I will have to go back to Version
> 3.3.2-1 until this  error error  can be fixed.
>
> I am running Aptosid Linux on an old 64 bit Monarch with two processors.
>
> Alvin Larson

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

J. Allen Crider-2
I don't know when it will be released, but according to the latest
information I've received, this has now been fixed and will be included
in 3.4.3.

Allen

On 11/26/2012 07:43 AM, Peter G wrote:

> What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a
> .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x
> portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run
> Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?
>
> Peter

GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

manuel_songokuh
hello

i'm interessing very very GRAMPS but i need run on my android 4.0, there is app in PLAY google?
if there is not then when will arrive run APP android?
thank you

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

Peter G
Thanks for the update.

And thanks to Benny for answering why my idea wouldn't work.

Peter

From: J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]>

2012/11/26 J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]>
I don't know when it will be released, but according to the latest
information I've received, this has now been fixed and will be included
in 3.4.3.

If that is the case, then you can use the latest version probably already now. The file is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/code/20705/tree/branches/maintenance/gramps34/src/plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py

See download file link at the top. Save your currect version of this file with another name, eg  NarrativeWeb.py.old
and put the downloaded file in it's place. Try it, if it works, great, if not, rename your .old file back to the original name.

Benny

Allen

On 11/26/2012 07:43 AM, Peter G wrote:
> What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a
> .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x
> portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run
> Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?
>
> Peter

Re: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

DS Blank
How much would you pay for it?

Seriously though, I doubt that anyone would port all of Gramps over to iOS or Android. Maybe parts though (perhaps a search through a sqlite version of the people data would be fairly easy).

But you can access http://gramps-connect.org/ from your Android today, and that has almost all of Gramps.

-Doug

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello

i'm interessing very very GRAMPS but i need run on my android 4.0, there is app in PLAY google?
if there is not then when will arrive run APP android?
thank you

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

If need, you can try (only if you are using 3.4.2) the updated NarrativeWeb report!

1. make a copy of your ../plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py
where ../ is your installation path for Gramps

2. download the SVN version for this 'bug-fix' branch:
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/code/20705/tree/branches/maintenance/gramps34/src/plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py

3. replace your file by the downloaded one.

4. start Gramps 3.4.x and run NarrativeWeb report.

Note, to replace version used by 3.4.1 or 3.4.0 should also work but maybe in relation with others updated modules...

Let us know if it is fixed.

Jérôme

> information I've received, this has now been fixed and will
> be included
> in 3.4.3.
>
> Allen
>
> On 11/26/2012 07:43 AM, Peter G wrote:
> > What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps
> 3.4.2 on my laptop a
> > .gpkg and then import that on a different computer
> running Gramps 3.3.x
> > portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way
> import just to run
> > Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?
> >
> > Peter
> >

>    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you, good good gramps-connect.org!!!
but i have problem... when i go to my grandmother, her home has not line internet and not wifi...
so i cant use gramps-connect.org..
i need app gramps for offline (without use internet) there is?

Re: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

Ron Johnson
One or more of these circumstances exist: None of the developers
1) has yet seen the need to port it to Android.
2) have the time to port it to Android.
3) know Java.
4) are willing to convert Gramps from Python to Java.

--
God didn't give America it's rights; men with guns violently took
them with from other men with guns.

Re: Navweb jpeg failure.

Peter G
Hmm.  It's not generating the error messages, but images for sources are still missing. I guess it's an improvement in that there are no dead links to source image pages, but the source images are still missing.

I've got a potential work around, but not sure if I want to do the work.  Images attached to places are present, so I can attach my source documents (mostly) to the places the events took place.

Peter

From: Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>

2012/11/26 J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]>
I don't know when it will be released, but according to the latest
information I've received, this has now been fixed and will be included
in 3.4.3.

If that is the case, then you can use the latest version probably already now. The file is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/code/20705/tree/branches/maintenance/gramps34/src/plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py

See download file link at the top. Save your currect version of this file with another name, eg  NarrativeWeb.py.old
and put the downloaded file in it's place. Try it, if it works, great, if not, rename your .old file back to the original name.

Benny

Allen

On 11/26/2012 07:43 AM, Peter G wrote:
> What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a
> .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x
> portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run
> Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?
>
> Peter

Please, submit a bug ticket on what is still not ok with future version.

Benny

From: Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>

2012/11/26 J. Allen Crider <[hidden email]>
I don't know when it will be released, but according to the latest
information I've received, this has now been fixed and will be included
in 3.4.3.

If that is the case, then you can use the latest version probably already now. The file is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/code/20705/tree/branches/maintenance/gramps34/src/plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py

See download file link at the top. Save your currect version of this file with another name, eg  NarrativeWeb.py.old
and put the downloaded file in it's place. Try it, if it works, great, if not, rename your .old file back to the original name.

Benny

Allen

On 11/26/2012 07:43 AM, Peter G wrote:
> What would happen if I export / backup from Gramps 3.4.2 on my laptop a
> .gpkg and then import that on a different computer running Gramps 3.3.x
> portable on a flash drive?  It would be a one way import just to run
> Narrative Web under the earlier version that did work?
>
> Peter

Well, you can strike out 3 and 4, because you CAN run Python on Android.
Check: http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/ and
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/ to see how.

But the other 2 still exist. I simply upload my tree to Ancestry, and then
use their app to view it on my phone and tablet:

http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2011/12/21/the-ancestry-com-android-app-is-here/

IMO, it has a nice and clean interface, and as far as I can tell it will
probably work in places without internet, because it downloads trees before
they are shown, and it can sync when needed.

And if you don't like Ancestry, I recommend the ezGED Viewer:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sourcequest.ezged

It's more work, because you need to download your GEDCOM file to your phone,
and it's just a viewer, but I like its interface.

And with these tools available, I don't see a need to port Gramps either.

cheers,

Re: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

rcarlson
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:46:18 +0000 (GMT)

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Gramps-users] GRAMPS for ANDROID when?
> To: "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
>
> hello
>
> thank you, good good gramps-connect.org!!!
> but i have problem... when i go to my grandmother, her home has not line internet and not wifi...
> so i cant use gramps-connect.org..
> i need app gramps for offline (without use internet) there is?

When I go to places with my smartphone where there is no internet I put a Navweb report onto my phone and open it in my web browser.

Another wonderful part of Gramps - Thanks to the developers

I: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

manuel_songokuh
hello
thank you for reply extra information: Enno Borgsteede, Ron Johnson
i'm not programtor or hacker, but good information code.
for Ancestry app is very cool interface but full check from server ancestry, this is not good for privacy freedom..so ALWAYS ONLINE for create and edit delete..
now i try ezgeo viewer.. i will reply later.

> One or more of these circumstances exist: None of the developers
> 1) has yet seen the need to port it to Android.
> 2) have the time to port it to Android.
> 3) know Java.
> 4) are willing to convert Gramps from Python to Java.

Well, you can strike out 3 and 4, because you CAN run Python on Android.
Check: http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/ and
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/ to see how.

But the other 2 still exist. I simply upload my tree to Ancestry, and then
use their app to view it on my phone and tablet:

http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2011/12/21/the-ancestry-com-android-app-is-here/

IMO, it has a nice and clean interface, and as far as I can tell it will
probably work in places without internet, because it downloads trees before
they are shown, and it can sync when needed.

And if you don't like Ancestry, I recommend the ezGED Viewer:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sourcequest.ezged

It's more work, because you need to download your GEDCOM file to your phone,
and it's just a viewer, but I like its interface.

And with these tools available, I don't see a need to port Gramps either.

cheers,

Re: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

manuel_songokuh
hello
navweb is use good but cant to create or edit or delete..
i need create or edit or delete gramps is very COOL but i have tablet so i need that gramps run android..
maybe for future can possible.. see next time ok?
byebye

On 11/26/2012 01:25 PM, Enno Borgsteede wrote:

>> One or more of these circumstances exist: None of the developers
>> 1) has yet seen the need to port it to Android.
>> 2) have the time to port it to Android.
>> 3) know Java.
>> 4) are willing to convert Gramps from Python to Java.
>
> Well, you can strike out 3 and 4, because you CAN run Python on Android.
> Check: http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/ and
> http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/ to see how.

Interesting.

It's still a Gtk app, though.  Unless Gtk has been ported to Android...

--
God didn't give America it's rights; men with guns violently took
them with from other men with guns.

Re: GRAMPS for ANDROID when?

enno
 > Interesting. It's still a Gtk app, though. Unless Gtk has been ported
to Android...

Like this?

http://code.google.com/p/studio-android-gtk/

Looks rather empty at the moment, but a Google search on gtk for android
reveals that more than a few are thinking about this.

OTOH, even if Gtk is there, I doubt that the current Gramps UI will work
nice on a tablet or a phone, so a redesign of that will be needed
anyway, and as a part-time developer, I don't have time for that.

cheers,