Need to test GrampsAIO 5.0 on Windows

dave.khuon@gmail.com
Need to test GrampsAIO 5.0 on Windows

I note there is GrampsAIO-5.0.0-alpha1 win64.exe on SourceForge, dated from June 2016.  Will it work, if I:

1.      install it, and

2.      use git to clone the maintenance/gramps50 branch from github  repository to get the latest codes and

3.      copy them (just the *.py files) to the Program Files/GrampsAIO64-5.0.0 subfolders, then

4.      delete all *.pyc from Program Files/GrampsAIO64-5.0.0 subfolders, and

5.      relaunch Gramps50?

I need to test the latest vailable 5.0 code that already resolved the issues that I submitted earlier to the bugs-tracker I understand I may be using a non-stable version yet, at my own risk.  I will reinstall when a newer GrampsAIO64-5.0.0  installer is available

Thanks.

dave

Re: Need to test GrampsAIO 5.0 on Windows

prculley
I note there is GrampsAIO-5.0.0-alpha1 win64.exe on SourceForge, dated from June 2016.  Will it work, if I:
This will only work with GrampsAIO-5.0.0-alpha1; as the later alphas are built differently.

1.      install it, and

2.      use git to clone the maintenance/gramps50 branch from github  repository to get the latest codes and

3.      copy them (just the *.py files) to the Program Files/GrampsAIO64-5.0.0 subfolders, then

You really need to copy everything in the 'gramps' subfolder; the one with 'gui', gen' etc. in it.  I sometimes have used mklink to just link into the git repo folder.
But if you do that, make sure you save and restore the 'gramps\gen\utils\resource-path' file, as it is necessary for Gramps to find resources.

4.      delete all *.pyc from Program Files/GrampsAIO64-5.0.0 subfolders, and

You shouldn't have to delete the *.pyc files; they should be automatically remade.

5.      relaunch Gramps50?

I need to test the latest vailable 5.0 code that already resolved the issues that I submitted earlier to the bugs-tracker I understand I may be using a non-stable version yet, at my own risk.  I will reinstall when a newer GrampsAIO64-5.0.0  installer is available

Thanks.

dave

Good luck, I hope I didn't forget something.