Network Chart addon...

zed

Network Chart addon...

zed
Using Gramps v4.2.8 on LinuxMint v18.3 Mate

Network Chart Addon

Tried to install update and got error message network chjart (0.0.9) and
the update was not installed.

Launched Gramps through the terminal and got the following output.

,gramps
2018-04-22 21:17:24.669: WARNING: <string>: line 53: NetworkChart Warning:
 Python networkx module not found.
2018-04-22 21:17:24.669: WARNING: <string>: line 58: NetworkChart Warning:
 NetworkChart needs one of the following to work:
     Python module  pydotplus            OR
     Python module  pygraphviz          OR

Found Python module  pygraphviz in Synaptic and installed it but the error
was still there.  The other Python Module pydotplus was not in Synaptic.
Rebooted the computer in the hope that that would solve the problem but it
did not.

Any advice on how to overcome the problem wil be appreciated.

Zed
--
zed
Committee: A life form with 12 stomachs and no brain

Re: Network Chart addon...

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Zed

Installation

For the latest stable version:

pip install pydotplus

For the development version:

pip install https://github.com/carlos-jenkins/pydotplus/archive/master.zip

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries
On 22/04/2018 10:34, zed wrote:

> Using Gramps v4.2.8 on LinuxMint v18.3 Mate
>
> Network Chart Addon
>
> Tried to install update and got error message network chjart (0.0.9) and
> the update was not installed.
>
> Launched Gramps through the terminal and got the following output.
>
> ,gramps
> 2018-04-22 21:17:24.669: WARNING: <string>: line 53: NetworkChart Warning:
>   Python networkx module not found.
> 2018-04-22 21:17:24.669: WARNING: <string>: line 58: NetworkChart Warning:
>   NetworkChart needs one of the following to work:
>       Python module  pydotplus            OR
>       Python module  pygraphviz          OR
>
> Found Python module  pygraphviz in Synaptic and installed it but the error
> was still there.  The other Python Module pydotplus was not in Synaptic.
> Rebooted the computer in the hope that that would solve the problem but it
> did not.
>
> Any advice on how to overcome the problem wil be appreciated.
>

> Zed

zed

Re: Network Chart addon...

zed
Hi Phil

phil wharram via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

 > Installation
>
> For the latest stable version:
>
> pip install pydotplus
>
> For the development version:
>
> pip install
> https://github.com/carlos-jenkins/pydotplus/archive/master.zip

Went to the website shown above and extracted the archive to my desktop.
Opened a terminal and tried to install using 'pip install'.  Below is the
result.

zed@zed-System-Product-Name ~ $ cd /home/zed/Desktop/pydotplus-master
zed@zed-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/pydotplus-master $ pip install
You must give at least one requirement to install (see "pip help install")
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 10.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
zed@zed-System-Product-Name ~/Desktop/pydotplus-master $

I did invoke pip[ help install but don't feel confident enough to choose
the correct command without some "hand holding".  Would you help me
further, please?

Zed
--
zed
I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.

Re: Network Chart addon...

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Zed
Maybe should not have put development version on my email to you I am
basically a coward and only usually install stable versions

 > zed@zed-System-Product-Name ~ $ pip install --upgrade pip
 > zed@zed-System-Product-Name ~ $ pip install pydotplus

You may or may not require su or sudo

The above should upgrade your version of pip and thne install pydotplus

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries