Quantcast

New GRAMP user

canal92
I have a Man listed in my tree I have now found his wedding details  How do I link the bride with this man

Re: New GRAMP user [adding a partner]

Martin Steer-2
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 02:46:13PM -0700, canal92 wrote:
>I have a Man listed in my tree I have now found his wedding details
>How do I link the bride with this man

One way to do this is to go to the Relationships view for your man.
There you can use the Edit menu to add a partner. A female partner is
added as 'Mother', but don't let that bother you.

You will see that you can add an existing individual as partner, or
enter a new individual, as well as add events for the relationship, such
as a marriage.

As I've said a number of times on this list, it's not a bad idea to
create an extra family tree inside Gramps, to play with. The best way to
learn about some piece of software is to experiment, but you probably
don't want to do this with valuable data.

Cheers,

Martin

Re: New GRAMP user

Duncan Lithgow-5
On 27 June 2011 23:46, canal92 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a Man listed in my tree I have now found his wedding details  How do I
> link the bride with this man

Select the man and go to the Relationships view. There you will find
options for adding a family, in the family editor you can either
create a partner or link to an existing person.

Did that fix the problem?

Duncan

--
'The unconsidered life is not worth living' - Socrates