New Matrix chat room

GRAMPS - Dev mailing list
Hello everyone,

I have created a new Matrix chat room called "Gramps".

The easiest way to access it is probably to download Riot IM, which is
available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS at:

https://riot.im

or use the web app at:

Have a look at the Matrix website for more information and software options.

https://matrix.org

The room is bridged to our existing Freenode IRC channel, so you can
continue to use your favourite IRC software if you prefer.

Let me know of you have any comments or suggestions.  I look forward to
seeing you there.

Re: New Matrix chat room

John Ralls-2

> On Feb 15, 2020, at 7:01 AM, Nick Hall via Gramps-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have created a new Matrix chat room called "Gramps".
>
> The easiest way to access it is probably to download Riot IM, which is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS at:
>
> https://riot.im
>
> or use the web app at:

> Have a look at the Matrix website for more information and software options.
>
> https://matrix.org
>
> The room is bridged to our existing Freenode IRC channel, so you can continue to use your favourite IRC software if you prefer.
>
> Let me know of you have any comments or suggestions.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Nick,

There's apparently a problem with the matrix-IRC bridge, see https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2020-February/msg00001.html. Unfortunately the ensuing discussion spun out of control after a few messages and I never saw anything useful about what to do about it.

Regards,
John Ralls