New User with a Question

Boris M Struk

Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.

So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer eludes me despite searchers to seek a solution.

All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already stated this is empty for all married couple.

Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a date.

Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.

Thanks

Boris
______________________

Re: New User with a Question

Harvey Nimmo
On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
>

> So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer eludes
> me despite searchers to seek a solution.
>

> All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already stated
> this is empty for all married couple.
>

> Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a date.
>

> Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
>

> Thanks
>

> Boris
Hi Boris,
Greetings from 'up here'
it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you are
using, on what platform.

Cheers
Harvey

Re: New User with a Question

Boris M Struk

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1

on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.

Hope that helps.

Boris

On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
>

> So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
eludes
> me despite searchers to seek a solution.
>

> All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already stated
> this is empty for all married couple.
>

> Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a
date.

> Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
>

> Thanks
>

> Boris
Hi Boris,
Greetings from 'up here'
it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you
are
using, on what platform.

Cheers
Harvey

--------
Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live
exercises
http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual-
event?utm_

Boris
______________________

Re: New User with a Question

Harvey Nimmo
On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:29 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> Hi Harvey,
>

> Thanks for the quick response.
>

> I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1
>

> on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.
>

> Hope that helps.
>

> Boris
>

> On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> >

> > Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
> >

> > So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
> eludes
> > me despite searchers to seek a solution.
> >

> > All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> > "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already stated
> > this is empty for all married couple.
> >

> > Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a
> date.
> >

> > Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Boris
> Hi Boris,
> Greetings from 'up here'
> it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you
> are
> using, on what platform.
>

> Cheers
> Harvey

Hi Boris,
they prefer bottom posters on this list, so my answer is 'down
under' ;-)

I assume you are talking about the Graphical Reports for ancestor tree
and descendants tree. You will need to check the parameters set under
the 'display' section of the print window. I haven't changed mine so I
suppose the default for marriage display format are
Man: none
Woman: m. $m
There is also an additional Marriage box option to be clicked with its
own format option (e.g. also m. $m by default)

Re: New User with a Question

Boris M Struk
On 20 Apr 2015 at 12:03, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:29 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> Hi Harvey,
>

> Thanks for the quick response.
>

> I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1
>

> on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.
>

> Hope that helps.
>

> Boris
>

> On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> >

> > Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
> >

> > So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
> eludes
> > me despite searchers to seek a solution.
> >

> > All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> > "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already
stated
> > this is empty for all married couple.
> >

> > Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a
> date.
> >

> > Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Boris
> Hi Boris,
> Greetings from 'up here'
> it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you
> are
> using, on what platform.
>

> Cheers
> Harvey

Hi Boris,
they prefer bottom posters on this list, so my answer is 'down
under' ;-)

I assume you are talking about the Graphical Reports for ancestor
tree
and descendants tree. You will need to check the parameters set
under
the 'display' section of the print window. I haven't changed mine so
suppose the default for marriage display format are
Man: none
Woman: m. $m
There is also an additional Marriage box option to be clicked with
its
own format option (e.g. also m. $m by default)

Thanks Harvey,

OK I'm back to being "DownUnder" given the list protocol.

I'm using default values which appear correct when compared with online Help.

The marriage dates still does not print.

Thanks,

Boris

--------

On 20 Apr 2015 at 22:30, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

On 20 Apr 2015 at 12:03, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:29 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> Hi Harvey,
>

> Thanks for the quick response.
>

> I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1
>

> on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.
>

> Hope that helps.
>

> Boris
>

> On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> >

> > Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
> >

> > So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
> eludes
> > me despite searchers to seek a solution.
> >

> > All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> > "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already
stated
> > this is empty for all married couple.
> >

> > Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a
> date.
> >

> > Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Boris
> Hi Boris,
> Greetings from 'up here'
> it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you
> are
> using, on what platform.
>

> Cheers
> Harvey

Hi Boris,
they prefer bottom posters on this list, so my answer is 'down
under' ;-)

I assume you are talking about the Graphical Reports for ancestor
tree
and descendants tree. You will need to check the parameters set
under
the 'display' section of the print window. I haven't changed mine so
suppose the default for marriage display format are
Man: none
Woman: m. $m
There is also an additional Marriage box option to be clicked with
its
own format option (e.g. also m. $m by default)

Thanks Harvey,

OK I'm back to being "DownUnder" given the list protocol.

I'm using default values which appear correct when compared with online Help.

The marriage dates still does not print.

Thanks,

Boris

UPDATED INFO

I've just discovered another "marriage" related issue:

On the Dashboard Panel .-> "What's Next?" I notice that a number of the maried couples are dsiplaying "marriage event missing" - could this be the issue with non printing of the marriqage dates?

And even though a marriage event has been created for these records the Gramps reports otherwise.

--------

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 22:30 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2015 at 12:03, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:29 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> >

> > Hi Harvey,
> >

> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1
> >

> > on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.
> >

> > Hope that helps.
> >

> > Boris
> >

> > On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> > >

> > > Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
> > >

> > > So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
> > eludes
> > > me despite searchers to seek a solution.
> > >

> > > All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing the
> > > "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already
> stated
> > > this is empty for all married couple.
> > >

> > > Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases a
> > date.
> > >

> > > Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> > > Boris
> > Hi Boris,
> > Greetings from 'up here'
> > it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps you
> > are
> > using, on what platform.
> >

> > Cheers
> > Harvey
> >

> Hi Boris,
> they prefer bottom posters on this list, so my answer is 'down
> under' ;-)
>

> I assume you are talking about the Graphical Reports for ancestor
> tree
> and descendants tree. You will need to check the parameters set
> under
> the 'display' section of the print window. I haven't changed mine so
> suppose the default for marriage display format are
> Man: none
> Woman: m. $m
> There is also an additional Marriage box option to be clicked with
> its
> own format option (e.g. also m. $m by default)
>

> Thanks Harvey,
>

> OK I'm back to being "DownUnder" given the list protocol.
>

> I'm using default values which appear correct when compared with
> online Help.

If you also ticked the right boxes, then I can't help you any more, ;-(
 perhaps someone else in the list can help you to find some log messages
as well.

Perhaps there is an issue about date formats. Also, maybe you have to
make sure that the marriages are entered as a 'Family' event rather than
for each individual separately.

Harvey

Re: New User with a Question

Boris M Struk
On 20 Apr 2015 at 15:09, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 22:30 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2015 at 12:03, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 19:29 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> >

> > Hi Harvey,
> >

> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >

> > I'm using GrampsAIO64-4.1.2-1
> >

> > on a Win 8  x64 OS platform.
> >

> > Hope that helps.
> >

> > Boris
> >

> > On 20 Apr 2015 at 11:05, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 18:09 +1000, Boris M Struk wrote:
> > >

> > > Greetings from DownUnder as a new user of Gramps.
> > >

> > > So far so good learning the ins/outs of the program. I answer
> > eludes
> > > me despite searchers to seek a solution.
> > >

> > > All my printed reports Ancestors, decendants etc are missing
the
> > > "married date" - There is an "m:___________" but as already
> stated
> > > this is empty for all married couple.
> > >

> > > Obviously I do have them recorded as married and in most cases
> > date.
> > >

> > > Am I missing something? I welcome any advice.
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> > > Boris
> > Hi Boris,
> > Greetings from 'up here'
> > it would be helpful if you could state which version of Gramps
you
> > are
> > using, on what platform.
> >

> > Cheers
> > Harvey
> >

> Hi Boris,
> they prefer bottom posters on this list, so my answer is 'down
> under' ;-)
>

> I assume you are talking about the Graphical Reports for ancestor
> tree
> and descendants tree. You will need to check the parameters set
> under
> the 'display' section of the print window. I haven't changed mine
so
> suppose the default for marriage display format are
> Man: none
> Woman: m. $m
> There is also an additional Marriage box option to be clicked with
> its
> own format option (e.g. also m. $m by default)
>

> Thanks Harvey,
>

> OK I'm back to being "DownUnder" given the list protocol.
>

> I'm using default values which appear correct when compared with
> online Help.

If you also ticked the right boxes, then I can't help you any more,
;-(
 perhaps someone else in the list can help you to find some log
messages
as well.

Perhaps there is an issue about date formats. Also, maybe you have
make sure that the marriages are entered as a 'Family' event rather
than
for each individual separately.

Harvey

THANK YOU harvey,

Your last scentence nailed it. I was enering marriages as individuals and not as a family.

I've corercted two records these now print as desgined.

Thanks again,

Boris

Boris
______________________

(no subject)

Harvey Nimmo

> THANK YOU harvey,
>

> Your last scentence nailed it. I was enering marriages as individuals
> and not as a family.
>

> I've corercted two records these now print as desgined.
>

> Thanks again,
>

> Boris

Glad to hear it!
Cheers