Quantcast

New bottombar gramplets

Nick Hall-6
Devs,

I have added a few new bottombar gramplets:

1. Place Details - Displays the primary location, latitude and longitude
and a picture.
2. Repository Details - Displays the address, web and email address of
the repository.
3. Media Preview - Replaces the media preview in the Media View.

I have also added a Photo widget in gui.widgets which scales and
displays an image.  It also allows the image to be viewed in an external
viewer by double-clicking on the image.

All images displayed in bottombar gramplets can now be viewed with an
external viewer.

Let me know what you think.

Re: New bottombar gramplets

Helge@Gramps
Hi,

Media Preview is a really nice new feature. I would like it more if it would be possible to show at least an icon for any media without an available preview (having more previews for other media than images would be a dream...). I have a lot of non-image media but the Media Preview (it's the same for the Sources Gallery Gramplet) didn't show all available information for me. So I have to select several ways to get the media access depending on the type of media.
Thank you.
-Helge

Re: New bottombar gramplets

Gary Burton
Hello Nick

A couple of possible suggestions for the media preview gramplet:

1) Expanding on Helge's suggestion. The preview previously on the media view
could show previews for non-image media types such as PDF files assuming a
suitable thumbnailer is present. Is it practical to include this functionality?

2) Show previews for more than one image if multiple rows are selected on the
media view. Currently only the last selected row produces a preview.

Bye

Gary

> I have added a few new bottombar gramplets:
>
> 1. Place Details  - Displays the primary location, latitude and longitude
> and a picture.
> 2.  Repository Details - Displays the address, web and email address of
> the  repository.
> 3. Media Preview - Replaces the media preview in the Media  View.
>
> I have also added a Photo widget in gui.widgets which scales and
> displays an image.  It also allows the image to be viewed in an  external
> viewer by double-clicking on the image.
>
> All images displayed  in bottombar gramplets can now be viewed with an
> external viewer.
>
> Let  me know what you  think.
>
> Nick.

> Free  Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT  data

> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,  virtual
> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new  business

Re: New bottombar gramplets

robhealey1
Greetings:

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Gary Burton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Nick

A couple of possible suggestions for the media preview gramplet:

1) Expanding on Helge's suggestion. The preview previously on the media view
could show previews for non-image media types such as PDF files assuming a
suitable thumbnailer is present. Is it practical to include this functionality?

I know that is NarrativeWeb.py, when there is a non-image media type shown, we use the document.png as an icon....

It is still clickable because it is linked to an external viewer...

2) Show previews for more than one image if multiple rows are selected on the
media view. Currently only the last selected row produces a preview.

I also like this idea too...

Bye

Gary

> I have added a few new bottombar gramplets:
>
> 1. Place Details  - Displays the primary location, latitude and longitude
> and a picture.
> 2.  Repository Details - Displays the address, web and email address of
> the  repository.
> 3. Media Preview - Replaces the media preview in the Media  View.
>
> I have also added a Photo widget in gui.widgets which scales and
> displays an image.  It also allows the image to be viewed in an  external
> viewer by double-clicking on the image.
>
> All images displayed  in bottombar gramplets can now be viewed with an
> external viewer.
>
> Let  me know what you  think.
>
> Nick.

> Free  Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT  data

> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,  virtual
> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new  business

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
greatness!"