New detail views

Nick Hall-6
Devs,

I have been experimenting with three new detail views:

1. Person Detail View

This shows events for a person.  Citations are listed for each event.
The user can click on an event or citation to see more details in the
event detail view or citation detail view.

2. Event Detail View

This shows the participants of an event listed by role.  There is also a
list of citation for the event.   People and events are links to the
other views.

3. Citation Detail View

The idea of this view is to display repository, source and citation
information together.  A transcript and image gallery is also in the
same view.

The views are intended to have the look & feel of the relationship
view.  I am experimenting with links to other views and expanders.  Some
of the relationship view configuration options are available.

You can try the new views for yourself on my fork.  Checkout the branch
caller 'viewer'.  The new views are in the "Relationship" category.

I haven't got very far at the moment.  The code needs tidying up and
there may well be bugs, but any comments would be welcome.

Re: New detail views

Helge.Herz-2
Nick,
I would like to have a look at this but I don't find the branch 'viewer'.
I see:
tags/gramps-4.0x
tags/3.x.y
remotes/origin/...
heads/...
But no branch having some thing like 'viewer'.
What's wrong with my doing?
Thanks
Helge

Re: New detail views

Nick Hall-6
On 02/04/14 22:19, Helge.Herz wrote:
I would like to have a look at this but I don't find the branch 'viewer'.
I see:
tags/gramps-4.0x
tags/3.x.y
remotes/origin/...
heads/...
But no branch having some thing like 'viewer'.
What's wrong with my doing?

The branch is on my fork.  Did you add it as a remote?

You will need to do something like:

git remote add nick git://git.code.sf.net/u/nick-h/gramps
git checkout -b viewer nick/viewer

Re: New detail views

Helge.Herz-2

The branch is on my fork.  Did you add it as a remote?

You will need to do something like:

git remote add nick <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="git://git.code.sf.net/u/nick-h/gramps">git://git.code.sf.net/u/nick-h/gramps
git checkout -b viewer nick/viewer

Nick,
thanks, I just learned more about GIT...
But I'm not sure how to activate the new views. The log of branch "viewer" shows as last entry:
"Revision: 74c57007011e0a715ed8adcb014aaa74f70bd91b
Author: Nick Hall [hidden email]
Date: 01.04.2014 14:53:31
Message:
Register history objects at startup
----
Modified: gramps/gui/viewmanager.py"

I see the "add citation detail view" too. But I don't find the view inside Gramps.
I assume I'm still not reallly at the viewer.
- Helge

Re: New detail views

Nick Hall-6
On 02/04/14 23:46, Helge.Herz wrote:
> I see the "add citation detail view" too. But I don't find the view
> inside Gramps.
> I assume I'm still not reallly at the viewer.

Yes, you have the correct branch.

Have a look in the "Relationships" category.  You should see 4 views
instead of 1.

Re: New detail views

Helge.Herz-2
"Have a look in the "Relationships" category. You should see 4 views
instead of 1."

Nick, I got it, thanks.
I did look at at event view, person view ... but never at relationships. :-)
Helge