New features into 4.1.x?

jerome
Devs,

I am trying to list new features into 4.1.x against 4.0.x.

I suppose that "git diff" could be useful for that (I have two local branches named gramps41 and gramps40).

eg,
    $ git diff --stat --color gramps40 gramps41

First, I can see some 'special' paths like:

gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/buttontab.py | 2 -
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/childmodel.py | 5 +-
 .../gui/editors/displaytabs/citationbackreflist.py | 2 -
 .../gui/editors/displaytabs/citationembedlist.py | 21 +-
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/citationrefmodel.py | 7 +-
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/dataembedlist.py | 132 -
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/datamodel.py | 49 -
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/embeddedlist.py | 101 +-
 .../gui/editors/displaytabs/eventattrembedlist.py | 43 +
 gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/eventbackreflist.py

Should we not try to use a common root base (gramps/) and do not have inconsistency with relative paths? Anyway, this is maybe cosmetic, isn't it?

Now, I can see where we have most changes, but this does not give a list of new features yet.

Simple:
    $ git diff gramps40 gramps41 > diff.txt
generates a 82Mo file ...

$ git help diff
returns a lot of arguments/options, but this can takes a while since I find a nice one...

Any help with a command line sample could be welcome!

Thanks!
Jérôme

Re: New features into 4.1.x?

John Ralls-2

On Jun 3, 2014, at 7:17 AM, Jerome wrote:

> Devs,
>
> I am trying to list new features into 4.1.x against 4.0.x.
>
> I suppose that "git diff" could be useful for that (I have two local branches named gramps41 and gramps40).
>
> eg,
>     $ git diff --stat --color gramps40 gramps41
>
> First, I can see some 'special' paths like:
>
> gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/buttontab.py | 2 -
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/childmodel.py | 5 +-
>  .../gui/editors/displaytabs/citationbackreflist.py | 2 -
>  .../gui/editors/displaytabs/citationembedlist.py | 21 +-
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/citationrefmodel.py | 7 +-
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/dataembedlist.py | 132 -
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/datamodel.py | 49 -
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/embeddedlist.py | 101 +-
>  .../gui/editors/displaytabs/eventattrembedlist.py | 43 +
>  gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/eventbackreflist.py
>
> Should we not try to use a common root base (gramps/) and do not have inconsistency with relative paths? Anyway, this is maybe cosmetic, isn't it?
>
> Now, I can see where we have most changes, but this does not give a list of new features yet.
>
> Simple:
>     $ git diff gramps40 gramps41 > diff.txt
> generates a 82Mo file ...
>
> $ git help diff
> returns a lot of arguments/options, but this can takes a while since I find a nice one...
>
> Any help with a command line sample could be welcome!

https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/master/util/gitlog2ul.sh

Description and usage instructions in the comments. Some editing is required to clean out minor commits, but it makes for a good starting point, provided that everyone writes good commit messages.

Regards,
John Ralls

It runs git log and creates an HTML page from the commit messages.

Re: New features into 4.1.x?

jerome
Thanks!

Maybe I will just look at details of files after running:

~$ /Gramps$ git diff --dirstat=0.1,lines gramps41 gramps #or dirstat=files
where current branch is gramps40

which returns:

   0.3% gramps/cli/
   0.3% gramps/gen/datehandler/test/
   1.9% gramps/gen/datehandler/
   1.5% gramps/gen/db/
   0.2% gramps/gen/display/
   0.1% gramps/gen/filters/rules/person/
   0.1% gramps/gen/filters/rules/place/
   0.5% gramps/gen/filters/rules/
   0.3% gramps/gen/lib/test/
   3.5% gramps/gen/lib/
   0.6% gramps/gen/merge/
   0.3% gramps/gen/plug/docgen/
   0.3% gramps/gen/plug/menu/
   0.6% gramps/gen/plug/report/
   0.5% gramps/gen/plug/
   0.7% gramps/gen/proxy/
   0.5% gramps/gen/simple/
   0.1% gramps/gen/utils/test/
   0.6% gramps/gen/utils/
   0.5% gramps/gen/
   1.1% gramps/gui/editors/displaytabs/
   0.9% gramps/gui/editors/
   0.1% gramps/gui/filters/sidebar/
   2.9% gramps/gui/glade/
   0.1% gramps/gui/plug/
   0.5% gramps/gui/views/treemodels/
   2.0% gramps/gui/widgets/
   0.7% gramps/gui/
   0.4% gramps/plugins/drawreport/
   0.2% gramps/plugins/export/
   1.1% gramps/plugins/gramplet/
   0.3% gramps/plugins/importer/
   0.2% gramps/plugins/lib/maps/
   1.3% gramps/plugins/lib/
   0.1% gramps/plugins/quickview/
   0.4% gramps/plugins/rel/
   0.4% gramps/plugins/sidebar/
   0.6% gramps/plugins/textreport/
   2.7% gramps/plugins/tool/
   0.5% gramps/plugins/view/
   0.1% gramps/plugins/webreport/
   0.2% gramps/plugins/
   0.1% gramps/webapp/grampsdb/view/
   0.3% gramps/webapp/grampsdb/
  67.5% gramps/webapp/

we can easily see where are changes and new features. :)

then,

~$ git diff --stat gramps41 gramps/gen/lib

 gramps/gen/lib/__init__.py | 8 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/address.py | 40 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/addressbase.py | 45 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/attrbase.py | 68 +++---
 gramps/gen/lib/attribute.py | 160 +++-----------
 gramps/gen/lib/attrtype.py | 20 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/baseobj.py | 47 ++---
 gramps/gen/lib/calendar.py | 6 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/childref.py | 32 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/childreftype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/citation.py | 115 +++++-----
 gramps/gen/lib/citationbase.py | 79 +++----
 gramps/gen/lib/const.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/date.py | 205 ++++++++----------
 gramps/gen/lib/datebase.py | 26 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/event.py | 61 ++----
 gramps/gen/lib/eventref.py | 35 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/eventroletype.py | 1 +
 gramps/gen/lib/eventtype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/family.py | 174 +++++++--------
 gramps/gen/lib/familyreltype.py | 1 +
 gramps/gen/lib/genderstats.py | 7 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/grampstype.py | 43 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/handle.py | 36 ----
 gramps/gen/lib/ldsord.py | 32 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/ldsordbase.py | 46 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/location.py | 30 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/locationbase.py | 53 +----
 gramps/gen/lib/markertype.py | 1 +
 gramps/gen/lib/mediabase.py | 39 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/mediaobj.py | 57 ++---
 gramps/gen/lib/mediaref.py | 36 +---
 gramps/gen/lib/name.py | 58 ++---
 gramps/gen/lib/nameorigintype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/nametype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/note.py | 90 +++-----
 gramps/gen/lib/notebase.py | 41 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/notetype.py | 6 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/person.py | 364 ++++++++++++--------------------
 gramps/gen/lib/personref.py | 31 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/place.py | 360 +++++++++----------------------
 gramps/gen/lib/placebase.py | 14 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/placeref.py | 189 -----------------
 gramps/gen/lib/placetype.py | 91 --------
 gramps/gen/lib/primaryobj.py | 35 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/privacybase.py | 13 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/privsrcnote.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/refbase.py | 31 ++-
 gramps/gen/lib/repo.py | 44 +---
 gramps/gen/lib/reporef.py | 31 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/repotype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/researcher.py | 28 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/secondaryobj.py | 4 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/src.py | 152 ++++++-------
 gramps/gen/lib/srcattribute.py | 76 -------
 gramps/gen/lib/srcattrtype.py | 70 ------
 gramps/gen/lib/srcmediatype.py | 1 +
 gramps/gen/lib/srcnote.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/styledtext.py | 141 ++++++-------
 gramps/gen/lib/styledtexttag.py | 46 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/styledtexttagtype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/surname.py | 50 ++---
 gramps/gen/lib/surnamebase.py | 56 +++--
 gramps/gen/lib/tableobj.py | 16 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/tag.py | 35 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/tagbase.py | 22 +-
 gramps/gen/lib/test/date_test.py | 33 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/test/grampstype_test.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/test/merge_test.py | 178 +++++++---------
 gramps/gen/lib/test/struct_test.py | 130 ------------
 gramps/gen/lib/url.py | 32 +--
 gramps/gen/lib/urlbase.py | 41 ++--
 gramps/gen/lib/urltype.py | 2 +
 gramps/gen/lib/witness.py | 2 +

~$ git diff --stat gramps41 gramps/gen/lib/person.py

etc ..

Jérôme

Le mar. 3 juin 2014 at 16:58, John Ralls <[hidden email]> a écrit :
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/master/util/gitlog2ul.sh Description and usage instructions in the comments. Some editing is required to clean out minor commits, but it makes for a good starting point, provided that everyone writes good commit messages. Regards, John Ralls It runs git log and creates an HTML page from the commit messages.

Re: New features into 4.1.x?

jerome
Sorry,

~$ git diff gramps41 gramps/gen/lib/person.py

Need to start to finish with stat ...

This could be useful for editing the "What's new?" page on wiki.

https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.1_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F