New mailing list and forum software

Re: New mailing list and forum software

enno
Op 03-01-2020 om 20:48 schreef Nick Hall via Gramps-devel:
> On 03/01/2020 19:17, Enno Borgsteede wrote:
>>> The interface is fully customisable. What changes would you like to
>>> see?
>>
>> Apart from the things mentioned by Phil, I like to get rid of the top
>> posting, meaning that when someone replies, the reply is displayed on
>> top. That's backwards, literally.
>>
> I can't find a post of Phil's which suggests changes to the format.

I know. I was referring to his complaints. The only suggestion that he
made was using facebook, because so many users are on that, but I'm on
that for some autism and genealogy groups, and follow threads there is
close to impossible.

I would like to suggest Google groups though, because it has a simple
web interface, and mailing list mode. I once created a test group there:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gramps-test

>> Another thing, that I haven't tested yet, is that I bet that I can't
>> quote text like I do now, without messing things up quite a bit.
>>

> It's certainly worth testing.  My guess is that it will work with a
> single quote per reply, but you may have problems with multiple quotes.

That's right. My test failed, so I quit.