New to Gramps User List? Need to search for answers?

New to Gramps User List? Need to search for answers?

Rhonda
Hi

Just thought I would share my experience, today I spent the day trying to figure out how to change the preferred parents for my adopted mother (and I mean nearly all day!).  The search feature on the Users list from the main portal is rather lacking (http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/gramps-users/) and I couldn't narrow down what I needed.

My suggestion is to head to the Nabble site, which is (to me) a more user friendly site which also has an advanced search function (http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/).  I was finally able to find the answer that I was looking for and successfully set her preferred parents.

So, if you are having troubles try this one: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/

Rhonda

Re: New to Gramps User List? Need to search for answers?

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Rhonda wrote
My suggestion is to head to the Nabble site, which is (to me) a more user friendly site which also has an advanced search function (http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/).  I was finally able to find the answer that I was looking for and successfully set her preferred parents.

So, if you are having troubles try this one: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/

Rhonda
I find Nabble excellent, both for search and in general. Search restricted to a particular user is also very good.

I receive the mailing list in digest form, so I normally use Nabble to reply, because that is the only way I can get the appropriate 'Message-ID' inserted (automatically) so the message goes on the appropriate thread.

Rhoda, BTW, you need to subscribe to the gramps-devel mailing list so that the  post you made on Nabble to that list goes to the members!

Tim.

Re: New to Gramps User List? Need to search for answers?

Rhonda
Tim Lyons wrote
Rhonda wrote
Thanks for that Tim, I think I have subscribed to them all now, but I see my post still doesn't show?