Newbie trying to imbed GRAMPS reports in documents

Newbie trying to imbed GRAMPS reports in documents

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi

I’m not sure if I am on the right ‘page’ here as I seem to have this email connection rather than posting in a forum. But here goes:

I am using Gramps with Linux Mint.

I am able to create and save Gramps reports such as 'Family Group Report' to

a Libre Office file in the documents folder.

I have not figured out how to get a Gramps report in to an existing odt doc

or indeed a Microsoft Word doc.

I did try saving the Gramps report as a PDF and then attempted to insert it

in an existing odt doc. The result was an error report

Appreciate any guidance and apologies if I'm missing the obvious.

Tim Ballycarn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Newbie trying to imbed GRAMPS reports in documents

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 10:16:26 +0000
"tim.ballycarn--- via Gramps-users" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

Hello tim.ballycarn---,

>I have not figured out how to get a Gramps report in to an existing odt
>doc or indeed a Microsoft Word doc.

Save it as an .odt file then, from LibreOffice (or what ever you're
using) do:

Insert[menu]-"Text from file..."

--
 Regards  _
Now would I say something that wasn't true?

Re: Newbie trying to imbed GRAMPS reports indocuments

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi Brad

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Best wishes

Tim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

"tim.ballycarn--- via Gramps-users" <[hidden email]>

wrote:

Hello tim.ballycarn---,

>I have not figured out how to get a Gramps report in to an existing odt

>doc or indeed a Microsoft Word doc.

Save it as an .odt file then, from LibreOffice (or what ever you're

using) do:

Insert[menu]-"Text from file..."

--

 Regards  _

         / )           "The blindingly obvious is

        / _)rad        never immediately apparent"